Author Topic: 1968 Alexandra Moltke movie  (Read 654 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
1968 Alexandra Moltke movie
« on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »
Has anyone ever seen this movie- Certain Honorable Men?
Was it ever rerun on local stations?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173717/

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 Alexandra Moltke movie
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:00:54 PM »
Sad to say, it is apparently lost: a few years back I wrote to Alexandra and she replied that the movie is considered lost.  Mind you, she used to work for the Paley Center when it was the Museum of TV & Radio, so she must have tried to find a copy of the tape or a kinescope.  And it's a shame when you consider it was written by no less than Rod Serling!  Perhaps someone can do a remake as the script still exists among Serling's papers.  Amazing that a major production from a date as late as 1968 (and in color!) hasn't been preserved.  But then, look at the horrid state of affairs with the BBC and how they have spent the past 20 years trying to recover stuff they erased or junked- far worse than the US networks!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1968 Alexandra Moltke movie
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:56:25 PM »
But then, look at the horrid state of affairs with the BBC and how they have spent the past 20 years trying to recover stuff they erased or junked- far worse than the US networks!

This is so true!! There's a great early 70's sci-fi show called Doomwatch that ran for 3 seasons on the BBC. Huge cult following, never released on DVD, but a huge chunk of the episode master tapes were simply erased over because they were too cheap to buy new tapes! Incredible really. 

That's what is such a treasure for us DS fans that it didn't receive a similar fate. Thank the heavens for kinescope copies!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."