Author Topic: 40 Years Ago Tonight!  (Read 4039 times)

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: 40 Years Ago Tonight!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »
see i don't think the 2nd film in it's current form is that good. only cause it drags on to much. & it suffers from having SO MUCH cut out of it. in short a confusing mess. the 1st film which i'm just to lazy to type is the same way. it's a good movie. but to much was cut out as well. & for example we see we see "Thayer David" in one seen alive & than later on he's possesed or something? i forget which one that was in.

plus you can tell in the 1st film that stuff was cut. it feels like  & looks in some spots like it was badly edited.

it feels like it takes awhle before it gets good. which isn't a negative thing, than when things start to happen it feels like at a certain point it was rushed to being finished. characters dissaper & too much was in short cut out.  which is why i'm excited when "night" comes on blu-ray. if it's the long cut that we all hope to see.

i am actually excited to see it. cause maybe the film will make a LOT more sense. i just wish we were able to get that for the 1st film. but if memory serves me right, that was not to be so.

Offline Darryl T.

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
I remember seeing it in San Lorenzo, CA, opening weekend '71. The old Lorenzo Theater was packed. Went with a couple of buds, back when you could bring your own snacks (Fritos and Space Food Sticks!).
When the curtains parted and "Metro Goldwyn Mayer presents A Dan Curtis Production" appeared. The first notes of the theme song played, a raucous mix of applause and cheers rang out! Two hours later we saw Barnabas get his just desserts.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
Oh my goodness how the yrs went by ! I used to watch it over to my neighbors
House across the street , they had cable before we did .
Love Anne 😊
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow