Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0026  (Read 1991 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0026
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0026
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
You know, if this kid wasn’t maniacal already, his anger and desperation to get that bleeder valve back has totally pushed him over the edge. It looked like Vicky was going to lose the struggle there for a moment. And if she’d been smart, she would have kept that valve on her person.

Carter, who realizes he hasn’t had lunch yet, offers up some coffee. Yikes, first it was Maggie pushing coffee on her pop for breakfast. Is it any wonder that the people of Collinsport are so slim? All they ever eat is coffee.
Wait. Carter orders a ham sandwich – real food! But he doesn’t like mustard. Freak. We have the ever popular container of coffee. How about ordering a coffee on rye – hold the mustard – and a container of ham?

Here we go with the Collins’ pressure. Heh. Carter will have none of it. Not even if he has to sacrifice being re-elected.

What is the bigger crime in this episode – that David had the bleeder valve in his possession or mustard loathing?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
I wonder, does incorruptibility trump mustard loathing?

Our first-ever DS fight scene--between a nine-year-old boy and his governess/tutor. Good job by both DH and AM--they really got physical!

Apparently Elizabeth feels secure enough about the secret in the basement staying secret that she occasionally walks the grounds. Somehow I'm relieved that she gets outdoors sometimes.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
Oh, and David's duffle coat--that takes me back!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »
Do you suppose Roger had something to do with Carter being removed as sheriff?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 11:57:50 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me to find out that he tried--but I'm sure Elizabeth would put her foot down. I can't see someone of her integrity allowing Roger to rig an election.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:20 AM »
Janet, you crack me up.

Sheriff to Roger:  "If we picked him up now on what we've got, he'd be back on the street in an hour--take my word for it."
Hmm, even when what they've got are means (the wrench), motive (Burke vowed revenge in front of witnesses) and opportunity (he was was alone with the car), and probably judges elected or appointed by the Collins family?

A first look at the photo of LBJ on the wall of the station, and very soon, a certain wedding announcement.

Our first-ever DS fight scene--between a nine-year-old boy and his governess/tutor.

If Burke had broken up this fight too, whom would he have threatened to paddle-- the little boy or the governess?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:58:39 AM »

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
I never noticed the LBJ photo before--thanks, Midnite!

And oh yes, I think that back in those primitive times, Burke would have opted for Vicki.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:12 PM »
The door to the West WIng opens and out comes David though supposedly it's always locked.  Why is it locked?  The fight was realistic.  Vickie tricks him into leaving and locks him out.  I'm surprised he hasn't found a key to her room.  Liz returns to the house after a long visit to crazy Matthew and then the valve is gone. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 12:04:53 AM »
The door to the West Wing is locked probably to keep David out, ha ha ha. But I'm sure he has a key. I suspect it's locked because that part of the house is not in use.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:45 AM »
David's such a liar – like his father.

Why does David want to stay at Collinwood?  Is there any particular reason, or is it just that he doesn't want to go to an unfamiliar place?  I'm betting that he put up an unbearable fuss when he was moved from Augusta to Collinswood; he wouldn't want to leave the place that was where his mother had lived.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
It's his only home.  Think of the places they'd send him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »
It's his only home.
That's sort of what I mean, as in...Does David really feel that Collinwood is his home?  More so than the Augusta home?  What is his feeling for Collinwood besides that? 

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
I suspect David now realizes he has an ally in his aunt. Plus, as we will learn in a few weeks, [spoiler]he has the Old House to play in, and what could beat that?[/spoiler] In any case, Collinwood certainly wins hands down over whatever military school Roger would prefer to dispatch him to.