Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0021  (Read 1320 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0021
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:20 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0021
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
This thread changed from #20 to #21 between my clicking on it and my seeing the thread...!   ***  Why'd kids think ECS was a witch?   Burke models suits for Bill Malloy in his hotel room...  Nice scene where VW draws an analogy between her having been tricked into thinking her parents would come soon, and Carolyn convicting Burke in her mind I guess, I forget.   Assuming things because you need to, and not shifting from them, and getting into trouble for it, I think.

Is this the start of day 3, or 4?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
Day 3
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:47 AM »
I can't believe it is only day 3. They better start moving faster, or David will look like he took the pill from Alice and Wonderland. A growth spurt.

I now can really see how the Collins are the talk of the town.

I think that Carolyn wants to be set up for Burke, she doesn't want to believe, the worst in him.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »
David will look like he took the pill from Alice and Wonderland.
LOL, lori54!

These beginning episodes aren't working for me.  I've been trying to figure out how where they go wrong, and today I'm blaming Burke.  I see his anger at the injustice (assuming an injustice was done him), but I don't see the pain that the actual experience of being in prison - rightly or wrongly - caused.  Am I missing something?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
Ah, the old rotary-dial phones! And the old exchanges YUkon 8 and LExington 2, with words instead of prosaic numbers. Those really take me back.

From these early days on, Carolyn's most striking piece of jewelry is a cameo pendant, which I believe she wears throughout the run of the show.

Despite Burke's excited phone call to his subordinate, it's hard to see that anything is actually happening.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:40 AM »
I was thinking about calling Elizabeth a witch and it must be an offshoot of fairy tales where the wicked old witch lives in the woods as a recluse and she doesn't seem that she would be welcoming of children tresspassing on the estate.  I wish they would have said what the reasoning for sending Carolyn to school in town was and not sending David.  Elizabeth seems very protective and if Carolyn came home crying she would say enough and hire a governess. 
Vickie believes Burke.  Why?  She barely knows him.  I know he's supposed to be the Heathcliff character, but the only thing he's done for her give her a ride into town and warn her away from Collinwood.   
Elizabeth evades Vickie's questions again. 
Lydia, I think that part of the reason that the Burke story doesn't work well, is that, Roger is not the person who owns Collinwood, the cannery, and the fleet.  He really has no reason to go after Elizabeth.  It would work much better if he and Elizabeth had been involved and he expected to marry her and then her father broke it up and he was bitter because she let it happen.  This would also make Elizabeth's worry about Burke and Carolyn more effective.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:51 AM »
I thought that Liz stood firmly behind Roger ten years earlier, that it was a family stand that they took, and that somehow the money and standing of the Collins family was used against Burke.   That would make Burke bitter toward her.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »
Other then the first episode, this is the first one to open with a shot other then Collinwood- a shot of the ocean.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 06:02:28 AM »
Why'd kids think ECS was a witch?
They saw Suspiria[ghost_wink]

Burke models suits for Bill Malloy in his hotel room...

LOL  No way was Burke a kid 10 years ago.