Author Topic: Who's Reading The Forum?  (Read 882 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Who's Reading The Forum?
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
It's no secret that when a fandom is particularly passionate about a certain piece of entertainment, and there are popular forums in existence for that fandom, that those who work on the movie or show read the forums to get fan reactions or ideas of what should happen next.

As I was reading through some of the threads earlier, I wondered to myself if anyone who is working on the current production of the new Dark Shadows movie was possibly checking this forum to see what we all think of rumors/spoilers that are currently out there. Is it possible that Tim Burton himself is checking messages on this forum without being an actual member?

What does everyone think?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Who's Reading The Forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:25:16 AM »
We know that actors and others associated with the original show have read the forum, but I can't say we've ever heard that anyone associated with the Depp/DS film has read it specifically to see what's being said about the film. Though I suppose it's possible...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:31:16 AM »
I tend to respect show runners/directors more when they check in every so often with the fans of a show or movie they are producing through forums, twitter, facebook, or some other form of social media. I'm not looking for some sort of communication or conversation, but when someone in the biz randomly says in an interview "yea, i read this or that forum to brush up on the history or to see what people thought of this or that" it really lets me know that they care about fan reaction and what fans think.

Plus, it's nice to know that in some small way, you're involved in what you like by doing more than just watching it.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

David

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:23:59 AM »
 [ghost_cool]
I'm reading the forum.
Aren't you?

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:12 PM »
My general philosophy is that when I write about something or someone on the internet, I can be reasonably sure that people involved with that something and/someone will hear about/read it as well. 

Nancy