Author Topic: Ryan Murphy & DS / TV Guide's TV Critic Matt Roush Can't Seem To Go Very Long...  (Read 868 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
...without somehow mentioning DS:

TVGMMattRoush Matt Roush
Ryan Murphy's grandmother forced him to watch Dark Shadows, a seminal moment for him. Me, too, but I watched by choice.
51 minutes ago

Not that we're about to complain.  [ghost_wink]  And as I've I mentioned before, one of my favorite things to look forward to back when the '91 Series was on was his weekly remarks about the show when he was writing for USA Today.

And while we're on the subject of Ryan Murphy and DS, there's also these tweets:

TVTango TV Tango
Ryan Murphy Horror influences: As a kid he loved DARK SHADOWS, but if he was bad his granny forced him to watch THE WALTONS as punishment.
49 minutes ago

[ghost_cheesy]

RickBentley1 Rick Bentley
Ryan Murphy says when he was bad as a kid he was made to watch THE WALTONS. His grandmother made him watch DARK SHADOWS to toughen him up.
52 minutes ago

And there are 11 more very similar to those, so somewhere there must be a new Ryan Murphy interview in which he talks about DS...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oh, I know where it's from. Ryan Murphy is addressing the Television Critics Association today as part of FX's presentation for the fall, so he must have told that story as part of his remarks while promoting his new FX show American Horror Story...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Very cool.  I don't know who Ryan Murphy is, but evidently he is in the spotlight today.

I was in the room sometimes when the Waltons was on.  I generally wound up leaving the room to occupy my mind with less gooey, sentimental fare.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Turns out my suspicion was correct. Check out the beginning of: TCA: Ryan Murphy Promises That 'American Horror Story' Will Answer Questions Quickly

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Very cool.  I don't know who Ryan Murphy is, but evidently he is in the spotlight today.

Ryan Murphy is a television writer/showrunner who created Glee and Nip/Tuck, and has written for several other shows. Personally, I'm a fan because his work always tends to border on pushing the limit for what people are used to seeing on television in some way, no matter the genre he is writing.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran