Author Topic: Time Paradoxes--1795 & 1897!  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradoxes--1795 & 1897!
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2002, 04:44:18 PM »
Yes, in 1897 Angelique is aware of everything that happened in 1968, even though it was still in the future.  She knew Julia, and she recalled her life as Cassandra, too.

Thanks for clearing this up for me, Gothick!

CB
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2002, 09:27:54 AM »

And just think if the writers had thought that all the time-travelling might've created alternate present-times, they could've come up with a myriad of new stories!  The show might've possibly gone on, at least for several more seasons (who knows? - maybe still be on the air today, just like As the World Turns, et. al.).

Gerard

Has it ever occurred to anyone else that if one had the power of time travel maybe the best place to travel back to is before Barnabas' trip to Martinique? He could have forseen the tragedy that his affair with Angelique would cause and avoided her.  Then there would be more descendents and more storylines. But of course, we wouldn't have all those wonderful Lara Parker moments. Oh well.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2002, 11:13:03 AM »
You'd think he'd at  least have gone back far enough to prevent his mother's suicide.

dom

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2002, 01:45:02 AM »
Woah Dr. Eric Lang, that was pretty descriptive! And it makes perfect sense too. Even though I doubt the writers had that in mind, it certainly does clear up the 'boo-boos' and makes it more understandable. I had to read it through twice, but now I fully understand it.

I have a question though. Would Jeb Hawkes be from PT 1796 II? Since the ghost of Peter Bradford came back and said Jeb killed Vicki later on in the series. Maybe he went from Parellel Time II to the original time line?

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2002, 04:10:59 AM »
Just a quick question for doctor lang:

How specifically do you explain Vicki's shifting in time because of the seance?

We know that Vicki created a parallel timeline upon traveling to 1795 because if she had traveled to the original timeline then Barnabas would have remembered her from 1795 upon his first meeting with her. In the original timeline, Phyllis Wick did not disappear after the carriage overturned, and Victoria Winters did not appear and take her place as the governess. In 1968 Barnabas tells Julia that Phyllis Wick was the governess in 1968, and she was hanged.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2002, 04:29:33 AM »
Even though I doubt the writers had that in mind, it certainly does clear up the 'boo-boos' and makes it more understandable.

Actually, at least some of the writers must have been aware of the implications of creating a new timeline upon sending a character into the past. The evidence for this would be their concept of parallel time in 1970.

I have a question though. Would Jeb Hawkes be from PT 1796 II? Since the ghost of Peter Bradford came back and said Jeb killed Vicki later on in the series. Maybe he went from Parellel Time II to the original time line?

This is a bit of a messed up story since they originally intended the ghost of Paul Stoddard, not the ghost of Peter Bradford, to confront Jeb Hawkes. And yes, it would have been Jeff's ghost from parallel time II, since that's where he and Vicki wound up ultimately. It's possible, however, that the Leviathan existing in the original timeline as well; the ghost that appeared to him was from an alternate timeline, but this Jeb may have been from the original timeline (and had no idea what he was talking about.)