Author Topic: Blue Sheets & Green Blankets  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Sheets & Green Blankets
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2002, 11:02:20 PM »
Luciaphil darling, I started the story, and I think it is superb!  I just finished Chapter 2 on my lunch break.  Can't wait to read more!

Of course, you realize you are going to start receiving serious nagging emails from me when I get to the last cliffhanger!  

Your mention of a Temperance Meeting at Collinwood still has me cackling.  Where on Earth would they hide all the brandy, the sherry, the cognac, Quentin's whisky, etc. etc. etc.!!!

I can just see one of the Temperance ladies going over to admire a cabinet and have a load of bottles come crashing out before her horrified eyes!

Gothick

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Sheets & Green Blankets
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2002, 01:55:34 AM »
About Judith's pink dress--yesterday or today, I don't remember which but she was wearing a pinkish coral dress with matching hair bow and identically matching lipstick! I don't know if they had pink/coral lipstick or lipstick at all in 1897. [rleyeb]

LOL! Never thought about it before, but you're right.  She'd be considered a whore of Babylon. Nice women did not use "paint."

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga