Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720000 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I had the same thought, Michael C.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
insomnibat Brian Peterson
@JoshLBarnett Loved Batman Under the Red Hood. Have you seen the still photos from Tim Burton's Dark Shadows?
25 minutes ago

insomnibat
@JoshLBarnett Dark Shadows #Redarkulously Awesome moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/09/27/dar…
24 minutes ago

JoshLBarnett Josh Barnett
@insomnibat Barnabus!
17 minutes ago

insomnibat
@JoshLBarnett My friend worked on the FX/Makeup for the cast of Dark Shadows. It's going to be all kinds of vampire bad assery.
10 minutes ago

Also, just for the fun of it I just checked Pinewood Studios Web site and it's sad that even though official photos have been released, DS is still the only film that has no photo over there.  [hall_sad]  Though even at that, at least they have something about the film. I don't believe there's anything on Warner Brothers' Web Site.

And I just realized that the HalloweenNight theme doesn't have a countdown to the release. That will have to be remedied immediately! [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
ThatFilmGuyTCP Thomas Patrick
Has managed to wangle tickets to the Tim Burtons' Dark Shadows wrap party. Could be interesting. :)
27 minutes ago

I guess that means that it's coming up soon.

And there are:

222 days 11 hours 47 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Check out: Hollywood star Johnny Depp filming in Bucks

222 days 11 hours 37 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This makes it seem as if it's tonight:

Thedancinmouse Charlotte spencer
Getting ready for dark shadows wrap party gonna be on that dance floor with Tim burton and johnny depp!! Woo hoo!!
3 hours ago

222 days 6 hours 26 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently it is:

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
At the #darkshadows wrap party ravin it ip with tim burton helna bonham carter and eva green! Hopiing johnny depp turns up! #mangled
1 hour ago

222 days 6 hours 20 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
melissasuzanneh Melissa Hogenboom
Saw Eva Green at #DarkShadows wrap do. Slightly infatuated now. Hi Eva. Hi
1 hour ago

nikki_ahmed Nicola
Well I didn't want to go home but they made me! Had an amazing time @ the dark shadows Wrap party. Mini burgers champagne were a highlight!!
1 hour ago

Well, it's looking like the shooting phase of production is now over. Now on to post production...

222 days 0 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If the tweets about the wrap party hadn't told us shooting had finished, this article would have:

Pinewood celebrates 75 years filming the best of British and Hollywood

221 days 23 hours 33 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kurt_Hicks kurt hicks
Yeah I'm at a party with tim burton eva green and more !
18 hours ago

Kurt_Hicks
This party is on fire me and @mikewallis148 alll over tge calomari
18 hours ago

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
What. Night! The wrap party has delivered! Free booze means legless on to the next one!
12 hours ago

Josh_TurnerGolf
#darkshadows wrap party was quality and to make it even better thers not much of a hangover either!!!!
5 hours ago

Josh_TurnerGolf
My best mate @Kurt_Hicks with helena bonham carter last night! http://yfrog.com/18zgdmj
5 hours ago

Kurt_Hicks
I had so much free food last nighty it was crazy @NickHales6 @mikewallis148 @Josh_TurnerGolf
5 hours ago

Josh_TurnerGolf
@Kurt_Hicks @NickHales6 @mikewallis148 lol had so much free tequila last night its all I can taste now haha
4 hours ago

And he also tweeted this in response to melissasuzanneh's tweet about Eva Green:

Josh_TurnerGolf
@melissasuzanneh was ther too last night she is stunning! Have a good night?
1 hour ago

melissasuzanneh Melissa Hogenboom
@Josh_TurnerGolf yep fun fun.
17 minutes ago

221 days 13 hours 0 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
That's a great snap of Helena with that bloke at the party. She's such a gamine little thing.

Onwards and upwards!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Remarks from KLS taken from the interview linked to in this post:
'The Bunny Years' author Kathryn Leigh Scott interview

"On this (Burton's) production, everything is so lavish. I suspect that what they spend in three days of filming would be what it cost us to make the entire (1970) movie."

I suspect KLS actually underestimates the cost of filming the Depp/DS film because her suspicions would mean that it only cost about $34 million.

It's going to be very interesting when we finally do find out what the budget actually is...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I suspect that ONE DAY's expenses on the movie set were equivalent to MORE than what it cost to make all five years of the original series...

But I'm no actuary!

Remember KLS's story about the false fingernail fangs?  I suspect that Terrayne/Beth got the same treatment for her own one day in fangs...

G.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
My best mate @Kurt_Hicks with helena bonham carter last night! http://yfrog.com/18zgdmj

Wow, I hope Kurt is in the movie!  They need a Chris/Joe/Jeff or otherwise attractive young male character like him in the film.
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
empiremagazine Empire Magazine
Tim Burton is currently standing outside Empire Towers, looking slightly lost. If you've misplaced a Tim Burton, come and claim him.
9 hours ago

I hope he looked lost as in he wasn't quite sure where he was and not lost in the sense that he didn't know what to do with himself because one would think that even though shooting has wrapped, Burton would have an awful lot of work ahead of him on the film.

And as much as I enjoyed this song (and I really enjoyed it), I doubt Burton will be putting it in the film (even if he was to somehow come across it):

andrewsongs andrewsongs
They finished filming #DarkShadows this weekend. Now #TimBurton can finally check out my song about Barnabas Collins: http://youtu.be/3jXQ652Q7LM
4 hours ago

(But it might actually be one of the best songs based on DS. And the clips in the video work so well with it.)

And finally, it seems a bit odd after weeks have already passed they came out, but for some reason today dozens and dozens of people are suddenly tweeting links to the character bios that first appeared on Entertainment Weekly's Web site and are now all over the place.

220 days 4 hours 14 minutes 1 second until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Does anyone here know if there's a cliff near any of the filming locations? I'm just wondering if it will be CGI.
May you die before you want too.