Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717202 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**JOSHUA CAST??** Reply #681) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1005 on: September 12, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
More news about location shooting:

SeaNshore Salcombe Sea N Shore
I just heard a rumour that Johnny Depp is in Salcombe today filming. Shame about the weather cloudy with spells of rain no high wind yet
10 Sep

Piglet33 Sarah Stratton
"@SeaNshore: I just heard a rumour that Johnny Depp is in Salcombe today filming. Shame about the weather" @salcombebabes let's drive!
10 Sep

SeaNshore Salcombe Sea N Shore
@Piglet33 @salcombebabes big film set at start point not sure what the film will be
10 Sep

Qsoneko Q猫
月曜はそこでDS撮影なのかー…す、すぴ?あの監督?? QT ChillingtonBnB: Filming Dark Shadows near Chillington House from Monday, Spielberg & Depp in Chillington
11 Sep

Chillington House is located in South Devon, and all this would seem to corroborate Nicky Bailey's tweet from earlier today.

I wonder what sort of set they built? But maybe someone will eventually tweet a photo...

241 days 9 hours 15 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »
Why does the tweet say Spielberg & Depp?  Does he mean Burton & Depp?  Or is Spielberg just visiting to check out the scene?

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 12, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
Who knows? It could be a mistake and they meant Burton. Or I suppose Spielberg could be shooting his own movie in the area.

241 days 8 hours 5 minutes 47 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »
I keep forgetting to post that I was at Barnes & Noble a couple days ago and discovered that two stars of the film are in two separate issues of Total Film. Eva Green has a short Q&A in the September issue - however, it's all about her latest film, Perfect Sense, with Ewan McGregor. But Thomas McDonell has an article in the Summer issue in which he does talk about DS - though it's nothing that we don't already know. All of which is pretty much why I keep forgetting to mention them. But I figure there might be some people who would like to check them out regardless.  [ghost_wink]

241 days 5 hours 21 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 13, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
More news about the Devon lacation shooting:

jdeppitalia Italian Fans of Depp
Dark Shadows filming location news p.ost.im/p/eFg43A
5 hours ago

I'm thinking that perhaps this first tweet is a joke because he tweeted last Friday was already his real last day and he's also been tweeting for the past few days about how sick he is:

Josh_TurnerGolf Joshua Turner
pretty sure today will be our last day on #darkshadows ans im ill in bed :( #badtimes #manflu
1 hour ago

1mattmorris matthew morris
@Josh_TurnerGolf what u doing on dark shadows?
1 hour ago

But it would be interesting it he explained what it was he was doing on the film. We have our ideas thanks to his photos. But it would be nice to read it in words.  [ghost_wink]

And this is interesting regarding the sets:

Robbiehayes Robbie Hayes
"@Josh_TurnerGolf: pretty sure today will be our last day on #darkshadows - shooting nearly finished I think, most of the sets down now..
1 hour ago

Especially considering we know that shooting will continue at least through the 23rd...

240 days 13 hours 0 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**CAN IT REALLY BE?! Reply #1010**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1010 on: September 13, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton Team Up For 'Dark Shadows'

Finally!!

240 days 8 hours 5 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**CAN IT REALLY BE?! Reply #1010**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1011 on: September 13, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
Some are also available here without the watrermark: Johnny Depp Makes Debut on “Dark Shadows” Set

And a different photo here: Johnny Depp In 'Dark Shadows' Set Pics (PHOTOS)

And that photo leaves little doubt he's with Bella Heathcote (presumably as Victoria).

240 days 7 hours 50 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 13, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
Interesting pictures!  Are you sure its Bella Heathcote, though?  The label (viewable when I move my mouse over) on the pictures says they're of Johnny Depp and Chloe Moretz.  I wonder if this scene will be played as humurous. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »
Fascinating.  My initial impression was "homage to Michael Jackson"?  There's a touch of Scissorhands, too...

I thought Chloe had gone home... I would guess it is Bella... I wouldn't know either actress if I fell over here, of course...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 13, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
The label (viewable when I move my mouse over) on the pictures says they're of Johnny Depp and Chloe Moretz.

They have it wrong - especially considering that Chloe Moretz has already wrapped her shooting and is back in the US, not in Devon.  [ghost_wink]  And all one need do is look at the photo on the Huffington Press site to see that it's Bella Heathcote.

Also, and probably needless to point out, but Twitter is going absolutely insane with posting links to the photos on the three sites.

240 days 7 hours 19 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 13, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »
You just really have to be kidding me-Barnabas Collins as the Joker or Michael Jackson? Or is this one big publicity joke?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 13, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
Not at ALL what I expected.  [shkdb]

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 13, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
OK, that makes sense; Chloe wouldn't be there anyway.  I just can't clearly recognize these actresses yet either.  I think Barnabas probably only looks like this because he's trying to walk outside in the sunlight.
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 13, 2011, 11:53:12 PM »
I'm with you Midnite. I of course agree with the writer of this article.
http://io9.com/5839949/photos-johnny-depp-channeling-michael-jackson-in-dark-shadows

Is this how Depp pays his tribute to Mr. Frid and to the Curtis' estate and to the DS legacy? I am really hoping this is a stunt. I can't see TPTB would allow these photos to be released.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #1019 on: September 14, 2011, 12:06:28 AM »
If it's not a "joke" I'm hoping he will look very different on film. If not, I've seen all I need to see of this film.
May you die before you want too.