Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717003 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I'm thinking my hopes for this movie were way, way to high.

Maybe it's just as well that they aren't anymore.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
On the other hand, here are some tweets that are a lot more interesting:

emmarowell29
At Bourne Woods to see filming and it's starts tonight, cast a crew showing up now. Make sense to film at nite if it's a vampire movie
6 hours ago

CastleAddict
I love Johnny Depp
6 hours ago

emmarowell29
@CastleAddict Johnny Depp is filming near me.went to the set to see if we could see him but they don't start filming till tonight.
6 hours ago

emmarowell29
@CastleAddict gong back later tonight to see if we can see anything
6 hours ago

CastleAddict
@emmarowell29 ah, that is so cool! I'd be back there tonight :)
5 hours ago

emmarowell29
@CastleAddict not sure how close will be able to get but gotta try.
5 hours ago

emmarowell29
We got stopped by security so no Johnny Depp tonight booooo
33 minutes ago

CastleAddict
@emmarowell29 :( I applaud your effort :)
32 minutes ago

emmarowell29
@CastleAddict had to try. We got so far and saw lights for the set but then told we couldn't go any further.
28 minutes ago

Well, now we know for sure the Collinwood set is complete and they're shooting there!

322 days 6 hours 48 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
If anyone cares, in 1972 Alice Cooper released School's Out, it was his 5th album. If they're going to have a song by him in it it should be the title song. Before that album they released Killer in '71, Love It To Death in '70, the first two didn't have any hits on them.

I have everything that Alice ever released from music to music videos to movies to books. It's hard to say if I like DS or Alice better, but Alice doesn't belong in DS.

Nor does MJ.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I remember a special that Alice Cooper did with Vincent Price in the early 1970s, when this movie is set.  Thinking back on it, it had a kooky-spooky quality that I can see appealing to Tim Burton.

I imagine the use of elements such as Alice Cooper and people passing joints will simply be to help set the scene--of a film set in the early Seventies.

To borgosi, if anything I had negative expectations.  To be brutally frank, I still don't know whether Depp can pull off the role of Barnabas Collins.  But I am now sufficiently intrigued by the project that I am at least keen to see the trailers.  The movie itself--we'll have to see.

I'm still waiting to hear firm, authorized news regarding the original films' DVD release.  For the sake of people here who I know want it so badly, I hope they include the little WB pilot as an extra, too.

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
The Alice Cooper TV show that you're talking about was based on his/they're Welcome To My Nightmare album and it came out in 1976. It's on DVD and it's a great show. There are two DVDs one is the concert for the album and one is the TV show. The TV show was pulled off the air in much of the country because of the some "Only Women Bleed". It was thought to be pro-abuse at the time. If they had taken to time to listen they would have known that it's anti-abuse.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see where Chloe Moretz has once again received an award - this time she was awarded Best Performance by a Younger Actor for Let Me In at the Saturn Awards, which, for those who may not know, are handed out by The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films.

321 days 20 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
I really cannot wait to see this movie!! [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - this is an interesting list because, if it's correct, the Depp/DS film will be released in Australia on May 10, almost two days (with the time difference) before it's released in the US: 2012 Releases | The Reel Bits.

321 days 12 hours 34 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

or

319 days 22 hours 34 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released in Australia!!

ClaudeNorth

They might be using the Alice Cooper song as a placeholder, so to speak, for the scene, with the intention of replacing it with original music.  As for marijuana, it seems like a good fit for Willie.  Can't really imagine the Collins family sitting around smoking pot.  (Alcohol is another matter, of course...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As for marijuana, it seems like a good fit for Willie.

We're on the same wavelength because I had a similar thought and was just coming to post about it.  [ghost_wink]  I can easily see Willie using marijuana to try to escape from whatever horrors Barnabas might be committing - as well as whatever Barn has Willie himself doing.

One thing we have to remember is that we really know so very little about the film, so practically everything we post is pure speculation on our parts. Marijuana could used as a joke in the film - but it could just as easily be used seriously. Only time will tell...

(Alcohol is another matter, of course...)

Definitely! What would Roger be without his brandies?  [ghost_cheesy]

321 days 11 hours 54 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
ChazJohnsonUK
had to turn down a job on the new Tim Burton film (Dark Shadows) with Johhny Depp & Michelle Pfeiffer yesterday. XF is way more cool anyway.
1 hour ago

Apparently he worked on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 as a set production assistant - but I wonder why he turned down working on DS? Well, beyond the fact that he thinks XF is cooler...

And this is the second person that we know of who was recently asked to work on DS but turned it down...

Also, someone on Twitter just claimed to post a photo of Depp on the Collinwood exterior set, but it turns out to actually be a photo of four cows in a field. Apparently some people have nothing better to do with their lives than be foolish.  [ghost_rolleyes]

321 days 10 hours 47 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Good to see Chloe win the award for the under appreciated movie.

Another pic was uploaded showing Collinwood's outer gate-nice to see its name.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28940296@N05/5866584751/in/photostream

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I guess we now know where that broken piece was intended to go.  [ghost_wink]  And that doesn't appear to be a part of the same wall as before.

Too bad security is keeping people at a distance now. I suppose that means we won't be getting too many more photos of the set. Well, unless as I theorized the other day might be the case, the paparazzi show up with their telephoto lenses.  [ghost_wink]  Normally I'm not on the side of the paparazzi, but in this case we should only be so lucky... (Though perhaps those German Shepherds are telephoto lens sniffing German Shepherds - in which case we're screwed!  [ghost_cheesy])

Thanks for posting the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

321 days 10 hours 24 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And that doesn't appear to be a part of the same wall as before.

Wait a minute - I take that back - it does look like the same wall, only with the stone finish and the word "Collinwood" added, and tons and tons of overgrowth around it. It was the overgrowth that threw me off at first because you can barely see the wall with so much of it. But then I noticed the same swirly design (for lack of a better description  [ghost_wink]) on the left side of the column.

(So much for the theory that it might have been a cemetery wall...)

321 days 10 hours 3 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently award winning film and music video director James Sharpe was at Pinewood Studios today and tweeted this:

JamesSharpe
Back from Pinewood very cool day seeing very cool things (no photos taken) including the building of the village for Burton's Dark Shadows.
1 hour ago

Damn Burton and his no photos rule.  [ghost_sad]

321 days 8 hours 25 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!