Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1202  (Read 1094 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1202
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1202
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:43:24 AM »
Bramwell is one silver-tongued devil.   That was a deeply compelling story about their love beginning, which got across the size of the event, even though there were few specifics, except that there was a church.   This kind of speech must be why people become actors.   

PT1841Q as the voice of reason and moderation?  Maybe they've dumped the unrepentant ex-con part of his life story already...  except that he says to Bramwell that he (Bramwell) knows Q will use the gun.... because of what he know's of Q's history presumably.   

What kind of guy can you shoot to death, showing no remorse about it, and end up serving only five years?   Not a very much-liked person, I would guess.

Melanie, stabby stabby, end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:21 AM »
I agree, MT. Bramwell's narrative is one of my favorite soliloquies from the show. The very lack of detail (except for the church) invites us to fill it in with our own imaginations. And Catherine falls for it, hook, line and sinker--and I'll bet not for the first time either. This may possibly be the only time we actually see Bramwell smiling a genuine smile.

Bramwell must have been devastated, though. After he used every means of persuasion at his disposal--again, very wisely left to our imaginations!--Catherine still didn't change her mind.

I think PT1841Q and Bramwell pretty much got one another's measure long before the scene at the Old House. Although they have different back stories, they seem to understand one another very well.

I have to say I also like the Kendrick-Melanie "meet cute" scene--even if it's quickly followed by Melanie's "stabby stabby" scene.

And then there's the great mystery of how Catherine got fully dressed before Bramwell.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
“I told you you were the fairest thing I ever saw.”  I just love the adjective “fair” in that sentence.  It makes Bramwell seem so old-fashioned and courtly.

What kind of guy can you shoot to death, showing no remorse about it, and end up serving only five years?   Not a very much-liked person, I would guess.
Quentin shows no remorse now, several years after the killing and after a term in prison.  It may have been difference just after he killed the guy.  Still, I'm surprised to learn that a prison sentence was an option for any form of murder in the 1830s.  But this is parallel time.  Anything’s possible.

And then there's the great mystery of how Catherine got fully dressed before Bramwell.
Come on over to the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board after MB puts up the captures for this episode, and I'll see if we can't get some answers on that.

There's a nice detail in the final scene, when we first see Catherine sleeping.  She has her arm stretched out, and her hand is in the same half-clenched position that we saw as Bramwell was getting dressed.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »
Right, Lydia--who could resist being called the "fairest"?

There's a nice detail in the final scene, when we first see Catherine sleeping.  She has her arm stretched out, and her hand is in the same half-clenched position that we saw as Bramwell was getting dressed.

Oooooooooooohhhh!!! And what is she dreaming about, we wondersss, yesss, we wondersss?

And thanks for the tip about the Complete This Phrase/Fill in the Blanks thread.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:24:55 PM »
Hopefully the captures for this ep will be posted tomorrow.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER