Author Topic: SORRY...couldn't help it  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: SORRY...couldn't help it
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2002, 03:37:21 PM »
Loved it Connie,  Loved the scene too.  It was so real....

Still laughing!

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Connie

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2002, 04:04:55 PM »
Loved it Connie,  Loved the scene too.  It was so real....

Yes!  Didn't you just LOVE that scene?  Barnabas trying to study the pentagram and getting the slightly annoyed look on his face because of David, then finally turning and saying. "David, must you do that in the drawing room?"  Then David being whiny and complaining.
Then after Carolyn comes in and recognizes the jeweler's mark Barnabas goes to the phone and David starts in with the darts again and Barnabas gets pissed.

I loved every second of it.  My absolute favorite part was when David goes, "In other words, I'm bothering you, right?"  And Barnabas goes, "Right."
Just the way he said it -- it killed me.
Frid is just a gem sometimes!  

-CLC

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2002, 08:07:22 PM »
Connie, sorry to say but he sounds like me when I am trying to watch TV.   I tend to watch DS after supper while my 13 and 11 year olds clean the kitchen.  I swear every night the words do you two have to make that much noise while I am watching TV come out of my mouth.  My family room is off the kitchen and we have an open floor plan, great for parties and holidays, bad at other times.

I just adored the expression on Frid's face it was perfect.  I totally admire Daid H.  His acting was amazing.

Birdie--who's day off is washing windows and waiting for the chimmy sweep.  Don't laugh we have one coming to clean the fireplace.  I had to listen to the kids singing Mary Poppins all last night and again this morning.  
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Connie

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2002, 08:37:52 PM »
Birdie...
Well, it's a common enough scene -- I can't count the number of times each day I'm telling my sons to BE QUIET.  They're always playing with something that's driving me crazy.  And the scene with David, if it had been with any other adult on the show, would have been nothing special IMHO.  But it was with Barnabas -- and that's what made it special.  It's an unusual scenario for Barnabas and I just thought it was so funny and delightful seeing him in that situation.
He kills me!  LOL

-CLC

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2002, 07:15:41 AM »
Connie & Birdie,

I too loved that scene. Barn seemed so modern. I got a big chuckle out of it. Shades of Barn as a dad. I got the same kind of kick out of today's scene where Barn & Maggie were in the great room of the Old House. Barn sat at a table looking through a book and Maggie was sitting like a teenager in the big chair by the fireplace reading. It all looked so "normal". I loved it.

Dom