Author Topic: ENTERTAIN EXERCISM  (Read 3368 times)

Offline MikeS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ENTERTAIN EXERCISM
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2002, 11:47:13 PM »
I have to vote for Prof. Stokes, due to his knowledge and professionalism.  But as others have noted, the rantings and ravings of Trask were hysterical to watch.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2002, 06:46:00 PM »
Prof. Stokes of course!
He has stronger will power. Rev Trask thought he was so powerful when he tried to exorcise Vicki but was such a wimpy man when he faced Barnabas.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »
I love Professor Stokes and can't stand Reverend Trask in general, but I think you're all forgetting one thing....[spoiler]Professor Stokes, as hard as he tried, just could not get rid of Quentin's spirit which apparently was too powerful even for the resourceful professor. Trask at least succeeded in exorcising and getting rid of Cassandra (albeit very briefly).[/spoiler]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 02:44:39 AM »
Actually, you'll note that VAM's post starting this topic specifies:
... not necessarily successful ...

;)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 03:28:20 AM »
Oops, my bad.

[winkg]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 01:17:36 AM »
Professor Stokes was fearless and unwavering when he attempted to exercise Quentin's ghost, traits he displays throughout the entire show. He seemed to know a bit more of what he was doing. I'd definitely want him with me were I to encounter unfriendly ghosts.  8)

However, reverend Trask was so full of righteous indignation that watching him in 1795 trying to exercise the witch from the Old House is priceless. Too bad he wasn't successful in catching the true witch, that would have saved the Collins' family a great deal of grief.  :(
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 05:56:16 AM »
However, Reverend Trask was so full of righteous indignation that watching him in 1795 trying to exercise the witch from the Old House is priceless. Too bad he wasn't successful in catching the true witch, that would have saved the Collins' family a great deal of grief.  :(

We'd have to like Trask then, and be grateful to him.    He must be the lypocritical weasel.    He's just no fun unless you hate him.   And we wouldn't have wanted a generation of kids to have grown up wanting to be little Jerry Falwells.     How many souls did Trask save, by providing a reverse barometer for how to behave morally?   A whole hell of a lot, I would guess.   Hands?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor