Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1190  (Read 1042 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1190
« on: April 09, 2011, 03:48:10 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1190
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:36:50 AM »
Gabe at PT door:  Let me in!!!!!  I like murdering people too!!!   No fair!!!   ***   What does the household think happened to Edith, anyway?   I mean specifically.   I'd say they're adjusting with ease, except that there may not really be a household now, if that's something that takes a quorum.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:19:12 PM »
Poor Quentin, forced to gamble on who hates him more--his own brother or his best friend.

And poor Daphne, forced to shut her eyes, grit her teeth and think of Quentin while Gabriel paws at her, just on the off chance that Gabriel will let her go. But unlike many another heroine, she has the good sense to pull the secret panel shut behind her.

Only at Collinwood would some family member attempt to decorate a secret passageway by hanging a painting in  it!

I love Melanie's flame-colored gown!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
Gabe at PT door:  Let me in!!!!!  I like murdering people too!!!   No fair!!!
My impression was that Gabriel wanted to prevent the harm that apparently was about to happen to Stella, and I found that interesting.  Who knew that Gabriel was capable of chivalrous feelings towards sweet young things?

"What happened to Stella?" asks Melanie.  Now we know more about 1841 parallel time than somebody knows who actually lives in that time band.  We're getting sucked into the story.  I noted, as I heard Melanie's question, that I was enjoying the economy of the storytelling here.  That's clear evidence that my love for this storyline is splendidly irrational.  In any other storyline, I'd be demanding that dots be connected and that the viewers be spoonfed.

Meanwhile Joanna looks on cluelessly as Melanie and parallel time Gabriel talk.  But, being clueless, she is led to wonder if Gabriel can walk.  Bad evidence points the way to a true fact.

Only at Collinwood would some family member attempt to decorate a secret passageway by hanging a painting in  it!
I feel that the fact that the picture is of Mr. Mustache is significant in the Dark Shadows universe, but I have not yet determined the significance.  Presumably the Mr. Mustache picture was chosen for this set because it would be easily recognizable the second time Daphne saw it.  I think this is the only time that we ever see a person up close to that picture, and it surprises me to see that it is so big.

What does the household think happened to Edith, anyway?   I mean specifically.   I'd say they're adjusting with ease, except that there may not really be a household now, if that's something that takes a quorum.
If I were living at Collinwood, I think I'd be trying to stifle a feeling of "Good riddance!"  But shouldn't Edith's children be sent home from boarding school for a suitable time of mourning?

Back at the shack, Joanna claims that she has accepted that Quentin no longer loves her, but is that true?  She gave the impression of accepting it before, when Quentin was in jail, but it turned out she hadn't accepted it.  So, is she just waiting for Quentin to come back to her after a brief infatuation with a younger woman who just happens to be her sister?  What would Samantha have done if Quentin had fallen in love with Roxanne instead of Joanna?

Julia's in the shack, and I feel her presence, but we don't get to see her.  It must be strange being an actor on Dark Shadows, and coming back from some time off, and being told what your character has been doing while you were gone.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »
But shouldn't Edith's children be sent home from boarding school for a suitable time of mourning?

I wonder if the writers forgot that Gabriel & Edith had children by this time, one of whom is the direct ancestor of the present time family.  It might explain their killing Edith too.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
My impression was that Gabriel wanted to prevent the harm that apparently was about to happen to Stella, and I found that interesting.  Who knew that Gabriel was capable of chivalrous feelings towards sweet young things?

I think Gabriel was only interested to see what was going to happen to Stella and who was behind the door.

PT Gabe - Just how long does liquor keep in a canister anyway? Probably doesn't last long enough to find out.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.