Author Topic: okay okay its OUT there!  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
okay okay its OUT there!
« on: February 06, 2002, 03:57:46 AM »
Originally posted by Julia99 on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 05, 2002 at 21:57:46:

So Julia finally did reveal a bit about 'someone' accepting B for what he is. . thought it was interesting that he wonder whom 'she' might be .. .he suspected she was speaking of herself. But i liked how she added "she might even love you". . kindof implying (in my mind) that she doesn't really feel all that just yet but she might .. if he cleaned up his act. . .that's gonna take a lot of 409 and several sponges. . .Hey we've already murdered together, lets get horizontal! J99
Julia99

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: okay okay its OUT there!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2002, 11:35:50 AM »
Posted by Birdie on February 06, 2002 at 05:35:50:
In Reply to: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Julia99 on February 05, 2002 at 21:57:46:

I can't believe she could fall in love with him the way he treats her. Makes you kind of wonder what is going on in her head. What would make an intelligent woman fall for a guy who threatens, treats her like dirt, never has a kind word for her. There is a strong case for help if I ever saw one. At this point I see no basis for her attraction. Barney doesn't even waste any of the charm he oozes on everyone else on her

Interesting, very interesting
Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2002, 01:53:10 PM »
Posted by RobinV on February 06, 2002 at 07:53:10:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Birdie on February 06, 2002 at 05:35:50:

I think Julia still believes there is a potential for good in Barnabas, even if he isn't showing one iota of tenderness or kindness toward her. She has seen both sides of him, dark and light, and like many foolish women before and after her, believe SHE can change him. Perhaps she thinks if she cures him, his dark side will disappear and be replaced by a good man who COULD love her. Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Love, Robin

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2002, 01:59:06 PM »
Posted by Julia99 on February 06, 2002 at 07:59:06:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Birdie on February 06, 2002 at 05:35:50:

Well right now she totally hates herself and thinks, if he's my only friend. . .better accept him as he is, he seems to accept me, a murderer. And since we killed someone to cure him, perhaps its not worth all this but there is no escape from what I've done. . .

In any event, she's emotionally distraught, not thinking in her right mind. . its interesting though that she continues to cling to him and her love of him even years later when her mental boat stabilizes. . .J99
Julia99

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2002, 02:01:55 PM »
Posted by Julia99 on February 06, 2002 at 08:01:55:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by RobinV on February 06, 2002 at 07:53:10:

Good points, remember he has confessed fear and love of his sister to her and to no one else. He shows who he really is to her and no one else. . .that engenders a sense of intimacy. But he doesn't like himself so he can't fathom why Julia would possibly like or love him. . .It is more evident that he wants the SWYTs because they help him delude himself. . .rather than being disinclined (right now at least) to a mature, intellectually gifted woman. . .He didn't want Magie either when she 'knew' what he was. . .J99
Julia99

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2002, 02:24:07 PM »
Posted by CastleBee on February 06, 2002 at 08:24:07:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by RobinV on February 06, 2002 at 07:53:10:

She has seen both sides of him, dark and light, and like many foolish women before and after her, believe SHE can change him. Perhaps she thinks if she cures him, his dark side will disappear and be replaced by a good man who COULD love her.

Yes, and how many women get such a literal chance to "change" someone they're attracted to (LOL)? Julia is pretty confident that she can take the vampire out of him at this point so it would have to seem even less of a stretch to take the irritated bully out of him as well.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2002, 03:01:36 PM »
Posted by Bob the Bartender on February 06, 2002 at 09:01:36:
In Reply to: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Julia99 on February 05, 2002 at 21:57:46:

Dear Fellow DS Fans,

"Horizontal enrichment" on Dark Shadows. The mind boggles!!!

Respectfully yours,

Bob the Bartender, a former altar boy

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2002, 03:46:49 PM »
Posted by Julia99 on February 06, 2002 at 09:46:49:

He's had kind words for her. . .selfishly used but kind. . remember him telling her that Woodard wasn't the most brillant medical student. . .i'm sure that went a long way with her. . he also talks on about how she 'intrigues' him .. .If a man were around saying I intrigued him and that i was brilliant. .well, it would go a long way. . .maybe not enough to compensate for 4 neck grabs but hey. . .and no one knows really WHAT they did on that date to Collinsport a few weeks back. . hehehe J99
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2002, 05:16:15 PM »
Posted by Steve on February 07, 2002 at 11:16:15:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Julia99 on February 06, 2002 at 08:01:55:

Well, I thought it was interesting that in the ORIGINAL version of the Barnabas/Josette storyline, as he recounted it to Julia (I think they aired these shows earlier this week), Josette did NOT return Barnabas' love ... he had become obsesssed with her while helping her with her English conversation. I thought it made for a dark, nasty, twisted emotional triangle at the heart of the Barnabas storyline--Barnabas obsessed with a Josette who did not return his affections, long past her death; and Julia obsessed with a Barnabas who was only interested in her so long as she proved of use to him. Of course I can see why they completely re-tooled the storyline for the 1795 flashback; it created a more traditional romantic framework upon which to build future storylines, since the Barnabas character had given the series such phenomenal cachet in the daytime market.

Steve

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Didn't you just love
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2002, 12:28:13 AM »
Posted by kuanyin on February 07, 2002 at 18:28:13:
In Reply to: Re: okay okay its OUT there! posted by Steve on February 07, 2002 at 11:16:15:

the reference made to her "middle-aged" husband Jeremiah? Being the snoopy sort, I checked out Frid and George on IMDB and they are born one month apart!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't you just love
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2002, 02:37:05 AM »
Posted by Josette on February 07, 2002 at 20:37:05:
In Reply to: Didn't you just love posted by kuanyin on February 07, 2002 at 18:28:13:

A bit of a spoiler for 1795, but rather minor.

[spoiler]A lot of the story as we learn it is quite different from the story Barnabas told here. A major change is that Jeremiah is about the same age as Barnabas, and, while uncle and nephew, Barnabas says that they were more like brothers.[/spoiler]

Josette
Josette