Author Topic: What Is Wrong With the Graphic?......  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: What Is Wrong With the Graphic?......
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2002, 02:29:14 PM »
The logout message comes up because of a security measure I've installed. I'll fix it eventually.

Just thought I'd mention that now I'm getting the log-out message when all I'm trying to do is move around the forum...had to keep clicking 'back' to try again...went around 3 or 4 times, I think, before it let me move to another page from the Home page.

I'm tellin' ya Pepe,....Ghosts In The Machine!

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2002, 08:23:13 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that now I'm getting the log-out message when all I'm trying to do is move around the forum...

I fixed the logout message last night, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. What I didn't realize was that expanding a collapsed category would give someone an error. But I just fixed that now. :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2002, 08:53:51 PM »
Sorry, Pepe, but it just happened again....all I did was click "home" and it slid me to the error (sorry, didn't notice which number).  Clicked 'back' and then tried again and it let me through.

Rain

It's error #1, about the url being wrong, only it isn't....I use IE and the / always shows up......?!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2002, 09:25:55 PM »
Raineypark's quote:
"LASCIATE OGNE SPERANZA, VOI CH'ENTRATE" by Dante

I couldn't resist...

Lasciate ogne speranza = Abandon every (all?) hope
Voi ch'entrate = You who enter

Neat!!!  (Hope I got it right. :))

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2002, 09:39:55 PM »
EXCELLENT!, Midnite...;D

Usually translated as "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here"....has always been my favorite literary quote!!

I live for the day I drive down the Long Island Expressway and see one of the over-head Information Signs with that quote written on it.....call it Truth in Advertising! [lghy]

However, TODAY, I'm thinking it was more appropriate for THIS FORUM than I realised!! .:(

Rainey
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2002, 09:59:21 PM »
I live for the day I drive down the Long Island Expressway and see one of the over-head Information Signs with that quote written on it.....call it Truth in Advertising! [lghy]

LOL!  Or on an onramp to the San Diego freeway at rush hour.

However, TODAY, I'm thinking it was more appropriate for THIS FORUM than I realised!! .:(

Hee hee ... er ... Perish the thought! ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2002, 10:51:00 PM »
Sorry, Pepe, but it just happened again....all I did was click "home" and it slid me to the error

Rainey,

If you clear out your browser's cache, it should clear up that problem because clicking "Home" doesn't give that error anymore since I fixed the expanding collapsed categories error. Your browser must be using a cached version of the script - one of IE's less than cooperative features >:( (particularly if someone has IE set to check pages once per session rather than every time a page is accessed).

However, I just noticed that clicking a category name in the Jump To drop-down menu will cause that error - so, I guess I have to abandon trying to catch up on the forum's graphics and go fix that. :-/ (Ah, the "joys" of tweaking a forum with scripts as complicated and interconnected as this one ;))

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2002, 12:33:05 AM »

Rainey,

If you clear out your browser's cache, it should clear up that problem

Okay, I'll just delegate that chore to Little Wizard and everything will be fine........right ?!?

Rainey
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2002, 12:35:26 AM »
I just noticed that clicking a category name in the Jump To drop-down menu will cause that error

It looks like this is going to be a more complicated fix than I'd originally thought (but I love to program and I LOVE a good programming challenge). So, for the time being, only use the Jump To menu to navigate between boards, which is the best and most time saving way to use it anyway. If you want to change categories or get to another board in the same category, use the links at the top of the MessageIndex, the Post display or the Post reply pages, or just go back to the BoardIndex. For now I'm going to try to catch up on the graphics before I fall too far behind like I did two weeks ago...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2002, 12:42:42 AM »

It looks like this is going to be a more complicated fix than I'd originally thought

You know, Pepe, the last time my HUSBAND said that to me he was trying to replace the little drain catch-all in the kitchen sink.  And I ended up with a new kitchen. [shckd]

Rainey
Dylan Thomas