Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1140  (Read 838 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1140
« on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1140
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:29:37 AM »
I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the story about Miranda and Judah. And I loved the spooky dream Girard had.
Quentin and Daphne? Eh. How many weeks is this going to go on? If Daphne's plan is to bump off Quentin, what the heck is she waiting for? Boring!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
So the Head just sort of got knocked off the Body in all the confusion, much of which is mine.   ***   Julia blows another mission to persuade, first Daphne then Roxanne.   ***   How many people did Lamar get to brag to about his wedding plans in the few hours they were engaged?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
Daphne seems to be experiencing some regrets, doesn't she?

I enjoy the trial scenes too. And we get a double-header: two fine performances by Louis Edmonds.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
Yes, Daphne's plan was clearly to kill Quentin near the assignation tree, but she couldn't bring herself to do it.  But I agree with Janet, it's not all that interesting compared with the Judah and Miranda story that we saw.  We weren't allowed to hear all of what Judah wanted to shout about Miranda's involvement in the burning of the house, but it seems quite likely that he was telling the truth, and that Miranda wasn't exactly an innocent bystander.

Louis Edmonds was saying lines today that usually go to Jerry Lacy, and it was fun to see.  Coming out of Edmonds's mouth, they sounded sincere, whereas if Jerry Lacy's Trask (take your pick which one) had said those exact same words, they would have sounded slimy.  But if Jerry Lacy had been playing Amadeus Collins, would he have made them sound sincere?

As Gerard had dreamed of having his head imprisoned in glass today, I thought of David and Hallie being told they would end up as dolls in a dollhouse.