Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1120  (Read 903 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1120
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1120
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »
Gabriel: "There's been a marriage today... and we must do something about it!"  then the director, for unassailable artistic reasons I'm sure, had the cameraman immediately pan down to Gabriel's crotch.   Hold on the crotch... then the commercial!

Hi Q #1!  Nice timing!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
then the director, for unassailable artistic reasons I'm sure, had the cameraman immediately pan down to Gabriel's crotch.   Hold on the crotch... then the commercial!
I didn't notice that, but it must have been one of the endless series of close-ups of Gabriel squeezing his ball - a black rubber one, that is.  Maybe the cameraman got as bored as I did, and didn't notice that his lens was straying.  In another storyline, I'm sure I could have come up with a thousand excuses for all this, but in the 1840 storyline I can't be bothered.

Golly, it sure is good to see David Selby and his lovely smile again.  If he had played Gabriel, would I have found these first few weeks of 1840 so difficult to take?  Probably not.  I can't say for sure, however, because Selby's a good actor, and if required to make his character unpleasant, he would have gone ahead and done it.

Hurrah for the Hiatus!  In all the years of the Watching Project, it has never been so welcome to me as it is today.

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:25:27 AM »
I love Gabriel - he is probably my favorite new character from the 1840 storyline.