Author Topic: Dark Shadows Movie Consulting Producer Jim Pierson Exclusive Interview  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Ed Gross

• View Profile
    • Blog of Dark Shadows
I just wanted to let everybody know that I've just posted an exclusive interview with Jim Pierson, who serves as consulting producer of the Dark Shadows movie, over at http://www.blogofdarkshadows.com. I respectfully request that the interview not be cut and pasted in these forums.

Please let people know about the interview and the site, if that's at all possible. Thanks — just trying to get the word out about it.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Dark Shadows Movie Consulting Producer Jim Pierson Exclusive Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »
Wow, great interview, thanks so much for sharing!  I've taken the liberty to give the link at the Depp forum that I participate in, and hopefully the word will spread to other Depp forums as well.  I've specifically included your request not to cut and paste the interview.  Jim's words sound very encouraging, and I'm psyched for this film!! 

(I only wish that *I* could also serve as a "consulting producer" for the film-- don't we all?!   [hall2_grin]  )

Cathy

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:14:43 AM »
I respectfully request that the interview not be cut and pasted in these forums.

We don't do that. We always respect the copyright of other sites by linking to them when something interesting is found and specifically citing them as sources of info, so you can always feel safe as far as we're concerned. We don't want people copying/posting our stuff, so we never resort to that with their stuff.  [hall2_wink]

As for the interview, I look forward to reading it when I get a chance later tonight...

Offline Ed Gross

• View Profile
    • Blog of Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:43 AM »
I really do have a good feeling about this movie. I think they're going to do a good job with it.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
Thanks for the interview. Well done. I'm glad the movie won't be "radically" different from the o/s but I am also thankful that it will be a con temporay one.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
At least one Depp forum did copy and paste, so I'm sorry they didn't adhere to the request (and I couldn't post to ask that they do, because I am not a member at that particular forum (long story  [hall2_rolleyes]  )  At least they did give the link, as well.

As to the idea of being out of his own time, I like that angle very much, but I just hope they don't overdo it, or it might get gimmicky after awhile.  I just have a laugh every time I think about poor Barn behind the wheel- wasn't it he who hit Grant Douglas?  [hall2_grin]

Cathy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
As far as the man out of his own time aspect goes, I was glad to read that they don't plan to "get too cutesy with it." That could have been somewhere where they could have gone for broad humor if they had wanted to - but it sounds like they don't - and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I was also happy to read the film described as a reframing of DS that keeps the essence of what came before. That indicates to me that we will not be seeing either a near complete rehash of the original series or a near complete rehash of hoDS - and that's an even better thing as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Ed Gross

• View Profile
    • Blog of Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
Well, one of the pluses of a two-hour running time is that they can't spend too much time with Barnabas being a man out of his element. He'll have to adapt quickly -- the clock says so.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »
Seems ONTD (Oh No They Didn't celeb gossip forum) copy & posted it as well, but they always do leave a link to the original source:
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/53385518.html#cutid1

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »
The sad thing is ONTD couldn't even spell Pierson's name correctly in their title.  [hall2_rolleyes]

As for having your work copied around the Web, one thing I would suggest is that you add a specific warning against it, either as a TOS (Terms Of Service) for the entire site, or specifically for each article you post (where they couldn't possibly say they missed it  [hall2_wink]), or even both (there's no such thing as overkill when it comes to protecting copyright). That way you can go after sites that "borrow" your work without your permission to have them remove it. And if you get nowhere with the actual sites, you can go above them to their Web space providers. Most providers do not look kindly on their users violating the copyrights of other sites. Some providers will merely start off by issuing a warning to an offending user and asking them to take the copyrighted material down - but others will actually cancel the offender's Web space account outright. It all depends on how strict they are.

It's worth a try...  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Ed Gross

• View Profile
    • Blog of Dark Shadows
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »
It's a fine line that has to be walked. You don't want to just go in there throwing your weight around, because if they are at least providing links, you don't want them to cut you out completely in response in terms of mentioning articles. But we'll see how big a problem it gets to be.