Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1104  (Read 2186 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1104
« on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »
Robservations #1104

FAREWELL, CLARICE BLACKBURN!

This ep marks the final appearance of Clarice Blackburn on DS.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1104
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »
I'm sorry to see Clarice Blackburn go, but I wish we could have seen her go on a more Mrs. Johnson-like note.  But that's how it is with Dark Shadows.  Exiting on a high note is luxury that Dan Curtis granted to very few people, if any.  Was it an parting honor that Blackburn was chosen to do the voiceover?

All these farewells can get sort of depressing.  At least it will be a while before we say farewell to Elizabeth.

I just love watching our-time Roxanne, having seen parallel time Roxanne, and I just love watching parallel time Roxanne, having seen our-time Roxanne.  They're so very different!  And both of them are hard to figure out.  Just what exactly is this Roxanne's game?  Whatever it is, Barnabas is infatuated with her even though her personality appears to be nothing like that of the Roxanne whom he wooed and won in parallel time.  Julia needs to go get herself some breast implants.  Being a soap doc, she should have no trouble install them herself.

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »
Whatever it is, Barnabas is infatuated with her even though her personality appears to be nothing like that of the Roxanne whom he wooed and won in parallel time.  Julia needs to go get herself some breast implants. 

LOL! But that's our Barnabas. He never did learn to dig deeper than the surface. As long as somebody looks the same as a lost love, he figures he can just pick up where he left off. Why let little details, like the fact that it's a different girl, with a different personality, stand in the way? He apparently learned nothing from the whole trying to replace Josette thing.
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »
I am so behind!  This weekend gotta try and catch up! I miss you guys!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
I am so behind!  This weekend gotta try and catch up! I miss you guys!

Perhaps I won't move on to 1840 (which we're poised to start) until you've caught up.  Welcome back.

Are B&J operating on the assumption that to stop the future, they need to stop the clues from happening?   Dumb, if so.   The clues aren't causing anything.   They only let you know whether your efforts to stop the causes are succeeding.

Gerard recruits Mrs. J..   Can orange clothing be far behind?   That's not Gerard's cult though, it's equal opportunity, possessed and non-possessed people alike.

Roxanne saves the day, gets B&J out of flaming Rose Cottage.   Now there's a turn-up.   [spoiler]Loyalty to her vampire creator?   that must be how she knew, the connection between them.[/spoiler]

Close-up of Mrs. Johnson's shapely calf.   This is a few episodes ago for me; I didn't realize we were saying goodbye to Clarice.  Goodbye, Clarice.   I kept thinking we had time left with her, probably because I'm thinking about 1995.   I'm so linear.   Is the leg close-up her last hurrah?  A bit strange if so.

They should attach a bungee cord to Maggie, so that just as she's approaching the vampire, boing, she's catapulted (well, bungeed) backward, back through Collinwood's front door, up the stairs, up the corridor, and back into bed.   I just imagined a big "whomp" sound as she lands in bed again, just to add to the audio/visual image.   Problem solved.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:19:52 AM »
Close-up of Mrs. Johnson's shapely calf.   This is a few episodes ago for me; I didn't realize we were saying goodbye to Clarice.  Goodbye, Clarice.   I kept thinking we had time left with her, probably because I'm thinking about 1995.   I'm so linear.   Is the leg closeup her last hurrah?  A bit strange if so.
I thought so too, and then we saw the same calf in the beginning of tomorrow's episode and I think it was a re-taping, so I decided that what we saw was a closeup of Mr. Juggins's shapely calf.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
Perhaps I won't move on to 1840 (which we're poised to start) until you've caught up.

The WP is actually taking a break for the holiday and resuming with the [almost] start of 1840 on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:01:15 AM »
That should help because I am so behind it's not good.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
And the three week December/January break will also be coming up.  [hall2_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
I thought so too, and then we saw the same calf in the beginning of tomorrow's episode and I think it was a re-taping, so I decided that what we saw was a closeup of Mr. Juggins's shapely calf.

Because Clarice wasn't in the credits for the 2nd ep?   I think you've nailed the nail right on the calf.   Mr. Juggins has legs, and he knows how to use them.

MB/Midnite:  Sounds like we have all the time in the world not to watch DS!  Wait, that's not so good...  Well, I'm steamrollering my way through Ghost Q in 1968 now, so I've been getting the pre-time-travel haunting from 1968 mixed up with that for 1970, so I'll plough ahead with 1968-9 and be past this confusing coincidence by the time the WP starts up again.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 11:56:52 PM »
9/17/70
It's sort of poetic that Barnabas is trying to save his former victim from another vampire.  How times change!
Apparently, Roxanne also owns just an outfit or two. 

Cumberland Road? I grew up in Cumberland Kentucky.  Cool! 

Poor Mrs. Johnson now she is under Gerard's control.  I was wondering when she was going to become more active in the storyline since she was such a big part of the future.  FARWELL CLARICE!   You are much loved!

Hmm…what is Roxanne “give me your hand” doing in this area?

I wonder ho Maggie got out of the room perhaps the secret panel? 

It looks as if the Petofi box has landed on the hall table.

Berth Roth did the makeup today. He and Dennis Eger must alternate days.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
Cumberland Road? I grew up in Cumberland Kentucky.  Cool!.
Portland, Maine is in Cumberland County.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »
That is cool to know Lydia! Thanks :)