Author Topic: Mature WOMAN Question  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Mature WOMAN Question
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2002, 04:32:08 AM »
I also like Jack Kelly from  Maverick.

Me too!! I had a major crush on Jack Kelly when I was 12 years old. I watched Maverick reruns every day after school. I loved his kissing scenes. No vcr's in those days, but I tape recorded it, and wrote down what happened. I don't have the tapes or notes anymore. Long gone! I do have the Maverick Collector's Series on video though. There are a lot of episodes that are not on video, some really good ones too, like "The Witch Of Hound Dog" episode, with Jack Kelly. There were some funny ones. Remember the one about the leprechaun? Jack Kelly passed away in the 80's, too bad. When I was in my late teens, he worked for a newspaper in Toluca Lake, CA. I lived in Los Angeles at the time. He wrote a column for the paper. I thought of going over there to meet him. I should have. Nice to see another Jack Kelly fan! I also have "To Hell And Back", a WW II biography on Audie Murphy's life. Jack Kelly plays a good part in it. Check it out!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2002, 05:00:21 PM »
You bet I did.  My bedroom was plastered with posters of David Selby.  Hey, I had room for some others too.  Never went for Davey Jones, like Mickey Dolenz, now I wonder why.  

My other tastes were different I loved the old movies and adored Clark Gable.  Also have to admit loved Robert Preston after seeing the Music Man.  Still find those man appealing.  I also like Jack Kelly from  Maverick. How can I forget David Mccallum.  

Harrison Ford also makes my heart beat faster.  David Selby has been a stand by.  

Hey, I still think those guys are/were something special.

Birdie
i had a crush on all those i stated but i have to admit
Timothy Dalton stole my heart when he was Heathcliff
when i was a young girl and it is a crush that has lasted
30+ years. now would have loved to see him on the Shadows!
and Bob i would hate to see Billy C now so many of those ballplayers peak early than fade(except Jim Palmer of course he could still do those ads and steal hearts)
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2002, 02:22:12 PM »
Cheryl,
           I have seen the movie "To Hell and Back", also have you seen a movie on AMC or TCM with him I think it has something to do with Saint Anne, or something.  It is about an Irish family, a comedy.  He was young.
Strange as this might sound one of the things my husband and I talked about when we first started dating was Maverick.  We were sitting in this dive bar after work and I impressed him by remembering the words to the theme song. lol  Sorry to say my husband was never a DS fan.  

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2002, 07:30:14 AM »
I was 10 1/2 when Quentin first came on the show and fell in love immediately. Barnabas was my first love, but Quentin was just so sexy.  I've been watching Falcon Crest on soapnet and my husband said to me that I'm just watching it to see Quentin.  I told him - Hell Yeah!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2002, 02:49:26 PM »
He is refered in this house as "The Beautiful Man".  Have to admitt I have watched just about anything to catch a glimse of him. God Bless my hubby he just puts up with me.  Than again how many times have I watchd Come September so he can drool over Gina Lolabrigetor, bad spelling, hey it is early.
Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2002, 01:43:30 AM »
Well, don't know if I qualify, as I was 10 years old in 1969...but have to say that I wasn't attracted to Quentin...he scared the s*** out of me, lol.  He certainly was riveting, though!  After seeing him in 1897, I must have softened a little...I remember playing my own arrangement of "Quentin's Theme" at one of my piano recitals ;-)

MrsJ.