Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1090  (Read 3157 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1090
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1090
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
Julia threatened David again today with tattletaling to his aunt on him, so I guess she hasn't figured out Liz's new allegiance.  Maybe Liz is being more careful.  That last shout from David as he ran away from Julia was sad, and excellently delivered by Henesy.  David says that he doesn't care - and of course he doesn't.  He knows he's doomed.

Barnabas really ought to sit down with Julia so she can tell him who he is, because he sure doesn't know.  Saying Maggie is safe with him!  Saying if she isn't safe with him, then he won't go near her!  Yeah, right.  I remember back in the Leviathan period when Maggie was going to go out to dinner with him after Quentin told him it was dangerous for him to go near her.  One of the joys of Dark Shadows is that I knew Julia wasn't going to overlook the sight of Barnabas looking hungrily at Maggie's neck.  And I think - I hope - she had fun giving him what-for.

It seemed to me that Maggie's puncture wounds were uglier than what we've seen previously.  Dark Shadows is getting gorier.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:08:25 AM »
Barnabas is living in a dream world if he thinks he can control himself. Give me a break. When has he ever been able to control his lust for his Josette look-a-likes?
In the clothing department, David shined like a nova - a super nova in mustard yellow and kick your ass blue, Maggie's robe looks like my childhood bedset ensemble, and the award goes to Sebastian Shaw for his half Braveheart/half test pattern pull-over. What an outfit!
I see they are still doing mega close-up shots of faces, zits included.
Miss Hoffman is in super bitch mode. Must be menopause. She is highly irrational, as I am at times for no reason.
Wow. I have been away for some time. David's voice is a changin'.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
I noticed the big ugly tooth holes, Lydia.   Julia might have decided it wasn't Barnabas based on that.   And yes, why make Carrie wait forever?   Why does Hallie have to be there in person?

Stay around, Janet....

[candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
8/28/70

I love Julia! She is a take no prisoners kind of gal.  Get ‘em girl.  The producers are really working the heck out of Grayson.  I think she can be perceived as bitchy but I beleive at this point she is acting out of desperation. She wants to help save the family and prevent the coming castraphoe but she feels helpless and is at her wits end. 

David H has really grown as an actor. 

Well it's good to see B again. JF looks well rested.  [spoiler]We better enjoy KLS as her time is coming up soon[/spoiler]!
I love KLS performance so much more lately. She isn't making six hundred faces at once.  There for a while she was really getting on my nerves. I know Grayson can pull 1000 faces at once but it works for her.  For KLS it didn't work, in my humble opinion!

I wonder why Barnabas overwhelming feeling for blood went away once he returned to RT?  Never mind! Or perhaps crossing bands of time helped ease the hunger?  Or perhaps I should just quit trying to figure it out and remember that was a plot device to get him to PT!

Again with the blue and orange, it is just hideous!! 

I love the giant vase outside of the door of Sebastian's room!

Poor Julia—Roxanne and Maggie both receiving Barnabas affections!  This woman is a trooper. 
I like Roxanne's funky style!

I wish we could have seen the The Collinsport Inn! *SIGH*

Such a cool dissolve and it's seems as if they are playing with lots of cool dissolves and stylistic shots. I wish the show had continued at least a couple more years…..

I like the wounds on Maggie's neck.  They do look more like the wounds vampire would inflict if indeed it was Barnabas who did this to her.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
I wonder why Barnabas overwhelming feeling for blood went away once he returned to RT?  Never mind! Or perhaps crossing bands of time helped ease the hunger?  Or perhaps I should just quit trying to figure it out and remember that was a plot device to get him to PT!
Oh, no, no!  It doesn't matter whether it was a plot device or not; one must still try to make things consistent within the Dark Shadows universe!

On the other hand, I admit that there are some things that are so stupidly transparent that I just can't be bothered.  But I think at this point Julia isn't giving him the injections that, though they were meant to cure him, turned out to augment his cravings for blood.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »
I hadn't thought about that Lydia.  Yes it's good to think up reasons.  That is actually where my best fan fiction comes from.  I am currently writing one about how the PT room was created.  It always bothered me that there just happend to be a room in East Wing that served as a portal to another dimension?  WTF?  Didn't meant to get off topic just wanted to share that...
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
Taeylor, in a place like Collinwood, I think it would be more surprising if there were not a portal to another dimension.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
I still think there is a valid reason behind it being there though. I don't think it appeared out of thin air.

On topic:   Did I mention David's clothes are ugly?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »

Yes, but not often enough!   My parents pressured me to dress exactly like that!   

I spent some time thinking about a fanfic PT room explanation.  I thought about a magical or technological object stored or hidden in the Room someplace, which could be taken to other places, making them the PT room if so desired.

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
Again with the blue and orange, it is just hideous!!

More often than not I'm not a big fan of the blue/orange either, but they are supposed to be perfect complimentary colors on the color wheel, along with red/green and yellow/violet. Funny, I do like both other combinations. I wonder what it is that often turns us off of blue/orange?  [idontknow]

Yes, but not often enough!   My parents pressured me to dress exactly like that!

And as often as either of you (anyone, really) says that, I will point out that David's clothes were quite fashionable back then.  [b003]  And obviously your parents had good taste, Magnus.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:43 AM »
I am sure they were very in style.  Just like my silk shirts from the 90's!  However, I cringe everytime I see those pics! ;)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 11:32:12 AM »
(I started out including a remark to let you know no disrespect was intended toward you, MB, but I didn't like my wording.   My parents were driven by an urge to get their son to conform, and wanted me to give up my entire personality, basically.    There were actual threats involved.   It wasn't that they liked the clothing they were trying to force on me, but that it was what others were doing.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 07:07:48 PM »
I still have a lot of my silk shirts from the '90s because I can't bear to get rid of them. And who knows, they may come back - everything does eventually. After all, much to what will no doubt be some fans' horror, the other day I was in a few different men's clothing stores and once again Quentin's yellow shirts were prominently displayed - and I saw several belted sweater vests, so David's wardrobe may very well be coming back for 2011!  [wink2]  (And BTW, Magnus, I received two sweater vests (unbelted) for Christmas.  [b003])

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »
True. However, I think that the second time it's always done better. The 80's are back but they aren't as horrid as they were in the 80's or that is my opinion.  Just my opinon of course.