Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1085  (Read 866 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1085
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:46 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1085
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 02:19:10 AM »
Hallie exclaims, it's Carrie and Tad!  They look exactly like us!!  From the back!!  ***  In the middle of some otherwise dialogue-weak episodes, Selby or Thayer will have clever things to say, such as Q here.  Julia's been talking about her hopeless task of rummaging through old records for signs of time travel or odd staircases, almost ready to give up, then suddenly finds the "blueprints" labelled "The Stairway Into Time", and Q says:  "You're telling me that somebody actually drew up plans under that heading?"

Julia points out that a linen closet shouldn't have that elaborate a doorframe.  I was thinking that from the first.   ***  Stop bellowing at Daphne about old Q's book, Q!   She gave it to you to read, just read it!

The stairway made me wonder if there might have been lots of possible inventions that were never invented, but could have been a long time ago, that we still don't know about.   Maybe we look past certain possibilities because they don't seem high-tech enough.   I just heard an article about how the ancient Greeks who built the Parthenon had much better tools than we have today.   That surprised me.

I love this: "There is no such thing as time.  There is only space, physical space, and it's space that measures the distance between those points which we, in our ignorance and folly, insist are points in time.   All time is one point, one moment.  It is ever-existant, and it is ever-accessible.... and it is physical space that can be used to make all time immediately accessible.   I intend to do precisely that."   Old Q 1840.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »

We got our first long look at Tad and Carrie together today.  They seem pretty clueless, although it remains to be seen what will come of today's cliffhanger.  They seemed to have no sense of when they're in David's and Hallie's bodies and when they're not.  It's hard to figure out what they think the situation is - but maybe it just doesn't occur to them to wonder.   They seem younger than David and Hallie, just as Jamison seemed younger than David.  Carrie said that David and Hallie were intelligent, but that seems like sort of a meaningless compliment coming from the Carrie that we saw today.

Tad and Carrie want to be friends with David and Hallie, but Daphne, who knows everything (according to Carrie), knows that's not going to happen.  Daphne put on two displays of power today: first removing Tad's and Carrie's spirits from David and Hallie, and then reeling Quentin back in when he staged a rebellion.  How is it that Daphne has such power?

Julia has put aside her search for Rose Cottage, presumably because it was going nowhere, and is now investigating the staircase by which she and Barnabas moved from 1995 to 1970.  And she finds something right away!  And (though Julia doesn't know it) Daphne gives her more information!  The conclusion is obvious: The staircase is completely irrelevant to the coming disaster at Collinwood.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »
8/21/70

Nice touch with the chairs the ghost were sitting in.  “I don’t believe!”  I find this really weird coming from David who has seen all manner of supernatural at Collinwood.  It just seems to be such odd words coming out of the mouth of a young man who has seen so much.

Good job on the actors parts switching from David to Hallie to Tad and Carried. 

Poor Julia busy with hear search. She sure is devoted not only to Barnabas but the family. I guess though living with a family for so long one would have to come to love them.  I still wonder if Julia pays rent? 

Uh Quentin, for someone who to has seen so much you don't have to been such an ass about it. Geez!

I think Grayson looks the prettiest I have ever seen her on the show.  The longer hair really softens up her facial structure. 

WOW-DH jumped back and looked genuinely scared! I think he was.  Someone got happy with lighter fluid.

Apparently the playroom, as I mentioned before is somehow supernaturally cloaked, I smell some fan fiction there.
Love you Q man but you are getting on my nerves these days.  Poor Quentin has become a man into necrophilia! He needs to get out of the house more.

Oh the Angel stand up panel is gorgeous and so is the bed.

I had written out the quote about the stairway from the journal; however, I won't repeat since Magnus wrote it out. I have to say that I love those lines. It's times like that when you really know how good DS can be.  I loved hearing Grayson read from the journal. I wish that her dramatic reading would have been preserved.  It's a shame really.

I guess Quentin is acting so problematic because of the hold Daphne has on him; however, it seems he would care about what the repercussions of that hold will be.

Kudos go to Joe Caldwell for great writing on his part!

Another WONDERFUL EPISODE!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/