Author Topic: Dark Shadows Groovy Horror Head Werewolf  (Read 516 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Groovy Horror Head Werewolf
« on: October 02, 2010, 03:22:19 PM »
I recently acquired a set of the Horror Heads on EBay. They are reprouctions.  The werewolf has no nose and looks very little like his counterpart on DS. That ddin't surprise me until I saw the commercial again on YouTube. They showed a werewolf that resembled the one one the series more closely. I wondered if mine was defective, so I googled pics and found one on the DS Collectibles page. It looked like mine. This leads me to wonder if a defective or badly worn copy was used to recreat the line or if that's the way the pieces were released orginially? Does anyone have an original werewofl and does it have a nose? I'm just curious.

I have a very busy life, and I want to assure everyone that idle curious ideas like thiks cross my mind from time to time. I am not losing sleep over whether or not my GROOVY HORROR HEAD is descended from a defective matrix. I just findi it curious that a reasonable prototype, at least, existed and may not have been used as  model for the line.

Whoever spearheaded the rerease of some of this memorabilia is a true fan nad I commend him or her. I had always written off these pillows as too expensive, too rare, and too tawdry to be a part of my DS collection. These affordable reproductions were a good way for completists to satisfy that nagging urge to own a complete collection of memorabilia.

The one thing I refuse to buy is the Van. I'm sorry. This has NO connection at all to DS. At least the pillows have Barnabas and he looks A BIT like Frid. Actually I suspect they used the portrait as their guide. It reminds me of the painting. 

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Groovy Horror Head Werewolf
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »
Hi  Doctor and K9   sounds really cool!   thanks for sharing  the info.   I wouldn't want the van  either.
                Love    Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow