Author Topic: Can it be true? Oh happy, joyous day!  (Read 1113 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Can it be true? Oh happy, joyous day!
« on: September 07, 2002, 01:26:32 AM »
I don't have to hear Adam's voice again? All through today, I kept thinking, he's got to be gone soon.... and then I come here and there is the montage! Yippee!

In SPITE of Adam AND Jeff/Peter, today's shows were really wonderful. So much happening.

Earth to Carolyn and Prof. Stokes: Exactly HOW many times does Adam have to kidnap and try to kill innocent people before you realize that he isn't really a sweet teletubby at heart? He has a few moments in which he seems pleasant, when everything is going his way. This was true of Ted Bundy too. It doesn't mean anything.

Can't you just hear it if Carolyn HAD married him?

Adam: "WHAT?! You are going to Bangor AGAIN with your mother? You have too many clothes NOW! I think I will have to kill your muthhheerrr!

Carolyn: "Ohhhh, Adam, don't talk that way. I could almost think you are serious. A girl can never go shopping enough. Perhaps I'll get you another sweater."

Adam: "I mean it! I'll kill her! You have hurt me and I will get back at you!.....   A sweater? You would buy me a sweater? Can I go too?"
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Can it be true? Oh happy, joyous day!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2002, 01:46:54 AM »
I forgot to add:

FINALLY, someone had the balls to actually SHOOT Adam! And about time too. How many times has someone brandished a pistol or rifle at him? Julia was a little over the top with her hysterics over Adam dying from the the shoulder shot. The guy jumped off Widow's Hill and LIVED for crying out loud. I think your precious Barney is safe for the time being!

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2002, 05:30:21 AM »
How many times has someone brandished a pistol or rifle at him?

Let's not forget Harry Johnson's super bad switchblade!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 07:36:42 AM »
Very funny I for one couldn't stand Adam so glad to see him go  rather see a scene with Jeff Clark, and that is
horrible enough, but ran from the room when saw Adam
really wished they had sent him back in time to 1897 and there he could hook up with Amanda Harris,hey they are both annoying creations,  they are made for each other!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2002, 08:16:36 AM »
Let's not forget Harry Johnson's super bad switchblade!

Or the beating Harry got from Adam for that silly stunt!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Connie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2002, 08:46:22 AM »
FINALLY, someone had the balls to actually SHOOT Adam! And about time too.

But what's REALLY tragic is that the lovely green sweater got ruined.

-CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2002, 09:29:22 AM »

But what's REALLY tragic is that the lovely green sweater got ruined.

-CLC

It's funny how on his last day he FINALLY gets to wear a different shirt!  Good Riddins!! ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2002, 09:29:44 AM »
I could never understand that they just sent him into the next room and that was it.  Maybe the Professor is still hiding him there!!  I would have thought they could have had even a 1 minute scene where Adam would refuse to stay, Stokes would perhaps give him some money, or at least a bit of food, and wish him luck and send him out into the world.  It's really weird that after that whole story, they just dropped it like that.

As to Adam, I always liked him.  From his frightened and confused beginnings, to starting to learn, to the progress he made with Stokes and later Carolyn, and then his relationship with her.  All very good.  Even coming under Nicholas' control could have been interesting.  But, especially once Eve was on the scene, one just kept getting the same conversations over and over between Nicholas and Adam, Nicholas and Eve, and Adam and Eve (except for the one time she did play it up).  I was always so frustrated that they ruined a very promising story.
Josette