Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1062  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1062
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »
that chick with the cones.

LMAO! Great description of Roxanne.  [ghost_grin]
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:17 AM »
If I recall correctly Nancy didn't like or was allergic to the age makeup or it didn't work.  So as they show more of 1995 it changes. I am 99% sure she talks about this on a DVD extra!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 08:13:03 AM »
Sorry for the double post as I didn't think I would get this typed up tonight!   [hall2_wink]

7/27/70

YAY! Once again they are using a different slide.  As pointed out the blueish slide wouldn't have worked out all. 

I have said before these episodes are my top favorite and I am truly sure of it now.  There is a strangeness to it all making on feel as if they are in the future regardless of  not many futuristic looking things such as cell phones, etc.

I love Nancy's crazy laugh as Crazy Carolyn! Such a tour de force for her and the laugh is very haunting. “Was five years after 1965 and ten years before 1980!” Carolyn One has to wonder what DS would have been like had it lasted into 1980!  I can see Grayson possibly being a matriarch type character with her popping from time to time!  “Carolyn it's Nineteen Ninety Fiiiiiiiive!” Julia  I love how Gray draws out her I’s! 

“Be careful dear friend!” Julia and Barnabas sure have come a long way.  Did anyone notice how Julia lovingly caresses Barnabas coffin which wasn't in the script probably as I am sure Grayson did it on her own.

“You remember Carolyn?! YOU MUST!” LOL Everyone “MUST” on DS! 

There are SO many great moments to capture on film it's hard to get this reviewed!

“I think you deliberately drying to fop-stop us!” LOL Great blooper!

Well, well T E Stokes is still around. TD’s old age makeup is wonderful!  Would the character be at least in his eighties?  I would guess that!

So the town was founded in 1698! I am sure that will probably not be continuity friendly but I could be wrong!The guy playing the bumbling clerk reminds me of the door keeper on The Wizard of Oz with some of his mannerisms and talk.  “And a little early too!”  Julia snaps. Followed by a cock of the head and a Thank you! HEH

The acting in this sequence is superb but again we so far have GH, NB, JF, and TD so it's no surprise there.

The doors behind Eliot look familiar but I think it was pointed out that it's a rehash of the Inn!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/