Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1061  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Discuss - Ep #1061
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »
This short scene always could've laid the ground for a lot of background fodder for Julia--just what was her past and why was she resigned to living without hope or love, Barnabas must've been just the latest disappointment--the early Dr. H certainly was used to life without it.
Julia99

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 04:45:58 AM »
A Pandora's Box there though, probably, 99.   (I'm going to call you "99" from now on unless you stop me.)   It would be worth getting into, done right, but you'd have to deal with the series of events leading to her absolute determination to treat Barnabas (the seeds of which would go way back) too, with some big skeletons in the closet along the way.    I think the show would have to be devoted to Julia for a long time to get it right.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 06:56:59 AM »
I have no doubt it would have been amazing if they would explored her background had the show continued.  It would have been great if they mixed the show with traditional soap stories as it aged. Alas.....I wish there were someone to do a Julia story for Big Finish but they are having a hard time even finding someone to do her voice for NODS according to Darren.  He told me. That shows her range as he said everyone does Julia in their audtions instead of Carlotta!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »
It'll be quite a while before we get to that scene - probably not until next February...

But I'll have won the lottery and be living in France by then...or so I can hope.

The scene is coming up on Thursday - as in tomorrow - so your days for winning the lottery and moving to France are limited.  [b003]