Author Topic: How about that Angelique...  (Read 1750 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
How about that Angelique...
« on: August 30, 2002, 04:00:12 PM »
Can she recite an incantation, or what?  (though it did back fire on her somewhat. :o :o)  I had the feeling  she was making up the spell as she went along.   In any case she out did herself once again.

Happy labor day to all! ;D ;D ;D
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: How about that Angelique...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 04:06:45 PM »
Can she recite an incantation, or what?

[thumb]

That was one of Angelique's most bloodcurdling moments! [burn][nerv]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 05:10:36 PM »
Can she recite an incantation, or what?  

Oh, my, yes she can!  Incantations work best when you recite them with feeling, but THIS was extraordinary.  :o

Of course, she seems to have forgotten the admonition to beware....spells can rebound on you threefold.  I think it's pretty clear she was attempting something she wasn't powerful enough to handle. [vylnt]

That can be a dreadful mistake!  ;)

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2002, 05:33:55 PM »
Can she recite an incantation, or what?  I had the feeling  she was making up the spell as she went along.   In any case she out did herself once again.

She is the best! [thumb]
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 04:11:04 AM »
I think it's pretty clear she was attempting something she wasn't powerful enough to handle.

That can be a dreadful mistake!  ;)

I know 2 women who learned a lesson the hard way when they tried to exorcise spirits from a home!  :o
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2002, 04:16:11 AM »
Can she recite an incantation, or what?  (though it did back fire on her somewhat. :o :o)  I had the feeling  she was making up the spell as she went along.   In any case she out did herself once again.

Angelique can recite anything!  Unfortunately, this one wasn't in her level of expertise.  Powerful stuff! :)

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2002, 04:28:36 AM »
Powerful stuff! :)

Yes, great scene! :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2002, 09:26:47 AM »
Thought she was great!  Lara Parker was such a natural at it too. I just can't imagine anyone else playing the part like she did, she just had a knack for it. :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2002, 01:30:48 PM »
Thought she was great!  Lara Parker was such a natural at it too. I just can't imagine anyone else playing the part like she did, she just had a knack for it. :)

Miss Parker was perfect for the part. I would very much like to see her utilizing those creative talents once again at a DS Festival. Like she did at the 2001 Festival on stage in LOVE LETTERS with David Selby. She seems also to be able to translate that talent on the written page as obvious in ANGELIQUE'S DESCENT.  Looking forward to both her next novel and, hopefully, another live performance at a Fest!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2002, 03:09:16 AM »
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I haven't liked Lara Parker as well lately.  I'm not sure if she is creating a "different" Angelique as Angelique the vampire -- that must be what she'd doing -- but I don't find her as effective as she was as Cassandra, for example.

For some reason she doesn't look as attractive to me, either.  There must be something different with the hairstyle that I don't find as flattering as her earlier Angelique hairstyles.  No doubt Luciaphil has commented on this.

Her incantation to raise the Prince of Fire was wonderfully dark poetry, but even this scene fell short for me somehow compared to most of her work on DS (which I have ALWAYS highly praised, as long-term posters here know).

I don't know, maybe I'm still shuddering over her unfortunate writhing on the medical table a while back ...

I don't always respond well to extremely "showy" acting (like the spell scene) ... I couldn't help thinking of a previous discussion where someone informed us that Lela Swift and some of the other directors always wanted "MORE."

Lara Parker is a highly skilled actress.  She was excellent -- subtle and perfectly pitched -- in "Love Letters."  I hope to have the experience of seeing her perform live again.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2002, 03:30:00 AM »
I couldn't help thinking of a previous discussion where someone informed us that Lela Swift and some of the other directors always wanted "MORE."

I think the reference was to Henry Kaplan, the director, who gave out letter grades at the end of the day.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2002, 03:32:37 AM »
I was surprised that no one mentioned this before, or maybe I just missed it, the last time she bite Barnabas it was very erotic.  I couldn't believe she licked his neck. Thought that was a bit risky for the 60th's.  It would have been interesting to have had under her spell longer and have him craving her.  

She diffenately put a lot of passion into her work.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2002, 04:04:00 PM »
Birdie said:
I was surprised that no one mentioned this before, or maybe I just missed it, the last time she bite Barnabas it was very erotic.  I couldn't believe she licked his neck. Thought that was a bit risky for the 60th's.  It would have been interesting to have had under her spell longer and have him craving her.  

She diffenately put a lot of passion into her work.

I couldn't agree with you more, Birdie.  That was the first time we saw blood on someone's lips after a vampire attack, too!  Angelique looked positively orgasmic as she considered having her husband by her side again, both of them vampires, roaming the world for victims.  That last bite, the one intended to kill him, was to drain him dry--and we certainly can imagine her doing that, in a different way, in Martinique--all those years ago.

The sad part is, Barnabas probably would have rejected her outright if she had succeeded.  Once he was a vampire, her thrall over him would have disappeared!  

Love, Robin

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2002, 06:10:59 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more, Birdie.  That was the first time we saw blood on someone's lips after a vampire attack, too!  Angelique looked positively orgasmic as she considered having her husband by her side again, both of them vampires, roaming the world for victims.  That last bite, the one intended to kill him, was to drain him dry--and we certainly can imagine her doing that, in a different way, in Martinique--all those years ago.

The sad part is, Barnabas probably would have rejected her outright if she had succeeded.  Once he was a vampire, her thrall over him would have disappeared!

Curious that we still see Angelique's love for Barnabas is still questioned by some viewers. I agree with you that Barnabas would have immediately rejected her once a Vampire. He would be hitting on those SYTs...