Author Topic: Next Stop: Tarrytown, NY?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Next Stop: Tarrytown, NY?
« on: August 29, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »
Hey gang,

Did you notice the bus schedule that Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford was reading today?  It was a list of NYC area locations.  I know that Jeff/Peter told Vicky that he was going to NYC, but I really think that the upscale, suburban community of Tarrytown, NY was Jeff's true destination.

Jeff wanted to travel to this town just north of the Big Apple because he knew that the great house of Collinwood/Lyndhurst was located there.  Jeff could start all over there with a new persona.  Instead of being Jeff Clark/Peter Bradford, a guy who didn't know who he is/was, he's now Jeff Clark, aspiring and promising artist with a bright future.

Instead of having a fiancee named Vicky Winters (who doesn't even know her own family background), Jeff's fiancee is now the lovely Maggie Evans (a level-headed young woman, with a definite family background).  

I think that Jeff/Peter may best be described as the "Zelig of Dark Shadows," a man who wants to transform himself from a whining, hair-grabbing schlump to a self-assured, neurotic-free artist.  A brand new life, isn't that something that we all would like to have at some point in our lives?

Bob the Bartender, who immensely enjoyed Tony Curtis' performance as the wonderfully nonconformist Ralph DeMara in "the Great Impostor."  

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
Re: Next Stop: Tarrytown, NY?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 10:03:37 PM »
Had Jeff Clark gone to New York City, I picture him wandering around lost--like Joe Buck in Midnight Cowboy.

That or he'd be a cabbie...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 10:08:28 PM »
Dear Scoty75,

Great suggestion concerning Jeff Clark "morphing" into Joe Buck from "Midnight Cowboy"!  All Jeff/Peter/Joe would then need is for Buzz Hackett to show up as his Ratso Rizzo buddy/counterpart.

Bob the Bartender

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 10:42:08 PM »
I'm actually going to BE in Tarrytown this weekend...... :o

Anybody have any messages they'd like delivered to anyone there? [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 10:43:01 PM »
I don't know.  He may have been heading for Yonkers.

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2002, 03:31:39 AM »
I'm actually going to BE in Tarrytown this weekend...... :o

Anybody have any messages they'd like delivered to anyone there? [lghy]

I went to nursing school in nearby Valhalla in the early 70's and didn't even know a DS movie had been filmed at Lyndhurst.  Just wish I had known.

I used to come down Route 9 and thru Tarrytown before I took a shortcut over to Westchester County Medical Center altho it was known as Grasslands at the time. Ahhhh....memories.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 03:43:30 AM »
That or he'd be a cabbie...

I could just picture Jeff Clark driving a cab in New York City, yelling and honking at everybody to get out of his way. He wouldn't last one day. It would be a hair grabbing experience indeed!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2002, 04:28:54 AM »

I have to say, I thought he was a dead lock for Yonkers too.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2002, 04:52:16 AM »

I have to say, I thought he was a dead lock for Yonkers too.

I bet Cassandra will be on the lookout.  ;D
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 05:43:16 AM »
Then again, Jeff/Peter might have been heading to Los Angeles so that he could "morph" into the lifestyle of Richard Gere's title character in "American Gigolo."

I can envision Jeff/Peter tooling around Los Angeles in that snazzy sports car, touching his healthy head of hair as he picks up some wealthy, mature lady for a "date" on Rodeo Drive, with the sophisticated sound of Blondie singing "Call Me" in the background.  Eat your heart out, Quentin Collins!  

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 08:26:23 AM »
Then again, Jeff/Peter might have been heading to Los Angeles so that he could "morph" into the lifestyle of Richard Gere's title character in "American Gigolo."

I can envision Jeff/Peter tooling around Los Angeles in that snazzy sports car, touching his healthy head of hair as he picks up some wealthy, mature lady for a "date" on Rodeo Drive, with the sophisticated sound of Blondie singing "Call Me" in the background.  Eat your heart out, Quentin Collins!  

These are too funny Bob how about Gere in BreathLess!
Can you see him doing the Jerry Lee's song LOL!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 11:16:34 AM »

Now what makes you say that?? ?!?   Are you trying to scare me out of my own city?  Heck, Ill send him down to the Bronx, they'll take good care of him there! ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2002, 11:53:00 AM »
Now what makes you say that?? ?!?   Are you trying to scare me out of my own city?  Heck, Ill send him down to the Bronx, they'll take good care of him there! ;)

Hey Cassandra...
You live in Yonkers?  I grew up across the river in Englewood Cliffs - a few minutes from the GWB.  Small world, no?  LOL
When I was a kid, when the family would go on Sunday drives, we always used to end up in Yonkers.  My father would drive around the different neighborhoods he grew up in and point out places he lived.  Then he'd take us to Van Cortland Park and shoot home movies.  (Huh??)  LOL

Anyway, I ALSO vote for sending Jeff Clark to the Bronx.  Someone should just drive him there in the middle of the night and leave him there.  Yes!  That's it.

[hello]

-CLC

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2002, 01:10:16 PM »
Instead of having a fiancee named Vicky Winters (who doesn't even know her own family background), Jeff's fiancee is now the lovely Maggie Evans (a level-headed young woman, with a definite family background).

Shame on you Bob that you would give poor Maggie Evans another problem...Hasn't she endured enough?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2002, 06:04:13 PM »
In july I went with my girlfriend to the Griswold the Collinsport Inn..a couple weeks later..by total coincidence she had a conference in Tarrytown and I was able to go and get great pics of Lyndhurst...then I get back to work and find someone I work with went to Salve Regina in Newport and visits often and got pics of "Collinwood" for me...then I go to Kennebunk , ME and the trolley driver claims a house by the water was used in Shadows-this I have no knowledge of... It looked like Nicolas' house but I didnt know they ever used any place in ME...I took pics anyway... Except for the Griswold Inn this was all just a bizarre coincidence within 6 weeks...