Author Topic: Things that makes you say hummm...  (Read 2870 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that makes you say hummm...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2002, 06:01:19 PM »
Well, you know that this space/time continuem thingy gets a little complex.... ::) it has been theorized that even though WE saw Marie Wallace/Eve, that Peter Bradford saw Leonard Eltridge/Danielle. They did say after Vicky's sojourn in the past that Barnabas remembered her as Phyliss Wicke

If I'm not mistaken, Phyllis Wicke was the actual governess, until Vicky switched places with her when she was sent into the past.
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2002, 06:44:45 PM »
Maybe Nicholas is distracted with thoughts of Maggie, and emotions are getting in the way.

I think you've got a point here.  Ang made reference to his becoming "more mortal every day".  And I definitely think it was his relationship with Maggie that she was referring to.

Wish me luck on weather on the Outer Banks next week.  Hopefully all the rain will have fallen this week and we'll get some sunshine next week.   ;D

c'ya!

Franimal

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2002, 07:53:03 PM »

Maybe Nicholas is distracted with thoughts of Maggie, and emotions are getting in the way.

...so, Nicky boy is becoming shall we say whipped? ;D ;D ;D
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2002, 12:55:23 AM »
Maybe Barnabas, since he was still alive in 1967/1968, retained his thoughts of the original events while history changed? Because wasn't there proof that Vicki replaced Phyllis in time, like the bracelet (I think) that Joe found in the old Collinsport courthouse, the book she took back, and the writing in the history book (I'm assuming there was writing in it other then from Reverand Trask . . . like didn't she read something about the family governess [possibly Vicki now?] being hanged?

But that also leads to the question of where they took Victoria/Phyllis' body (even though it was Phyllis who would've been buried). Wouldn't Victoria, after returning to 1968, be able to find a grave for Victoria Winters (cept for the fact that Phyllis would've been buried in it?). Or did people convicted of witchcraft have unmarked graves?

The Very Confused ?!? VWR

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2002, 04:01:40 AM »
Was Nicholas lying to Adam when he said he had no control over human emotions?

I think Nicholas only does for Nicholas. His whole interest in Adam was for something that would benefit himself. Nicholas could not be bothered with such trivial stuff.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2002, 04:08:50 AM »
Wish me luck on weather on the Outer Banks next week.  Hopefully all the rain will have fallen this week and we'll get some sunshine next week.   ;D

We need some of that rain in Las Vegas, we get very little here, still in the triple digits. It usually cools off by Halloween. I hope you see some sunshine next week.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2002, 04:14:29 AM »

...so, Nicky boy is becoming shall we say whipped? ;D ;D ;D

Eaten by the monster of love!  ;)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2002, 07:17:07 AM »
Maybe Barnabas, since he was still alive in 1967/1968, retained his thoughts of the original events while history changed? Because wasn't there proof that Vicki replaced Phyllis in time, like the bracelet (I think) that Joe found in the old Collinsport courthouse, the book she took back, and the writing in the history book (I'm assuming there was writing in it other then from Reverand Trask . . . like didn't she read something about the family governess [possibly Vicki now?] being hanged?

I always wondered about that.  After the seance wouldn't Barnabas then remember Vicki and what happened to her?  I think in the remake he did remember her.  In the last scene when she came back from the past and looked at him he had a strange, guilty look on his face.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2002, 11:36:49 PM »
I always wondered about that.  After the seance wouldn't Barnabas then remember Vicki and what happened to her?  I think in the remake he did remember her.  In the last scene when she came back from the past and looked at him he had a strange, guilty look on his face.

I think he simply realized the implications of Vicki having switched places with Phyllis Wick, and afraid of what she might have learned about him.

When Vicki went into the past, she created an alternate, parallel time line. Upon her return to her own time, Barnabas only recalls the events of the original time line, with Phyllis Wick as the governess. Only Vicki and PT Peter Bradford recall the altered version. When "Eve" travels to 1795, she visits the altered time line, the one where Victoria ( or Gloria Winters) was hanged.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2002, 04:59:37 PM »
Was Nicholas lying to Adam when he said he had no control over human emotions? Angelique certainly did in 1795, judging by the spell she cast on Josette and Jeremiah. Perhaps this is one area of expertise where she tops Nicholas.

Well, there's love and there's lust.  You'll recall that the reason that Angelique did all this rigamarole is because she wanted Barnabas to love her.  She could have made him need her, lust for her, long for her, but it wouldn't have been voluntary on his part and it wouldn't have been the real thing.  Making someone temporarily feel something isn't the same as that someone actually feeling it.

As for the mirror, the other explanation is that maybe it's just not that easy to enchant a mirror to see all that.  That's something I'm willing to accept in the lines of storytelling  ;)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga