Author Topic: Things that makes you say hummm...  (Read 2872 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
Things that makes you say hummm...
« on: August 28, 2002, 08:11:41 PM »
Regarding yesterdays episodes....
1. Nicholas is p/o'd over his missing mirror, right?
Well, can't he just make a new one?  Is he only allowed just one?  It's obvious that the mirror in question came with the house.  

2. How did Peter Bradford recognize Eve, as that Danielle person?

I'm sure there are many many more Hummms.....
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that makes you say hummm...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 09:30:41 PM »
I said the same thing watching that episode - why doesn't he just make a new mirror????  Ha!  I guess it just makes it more interesting this way.

c'ya!

franimal

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 11:10:37 PM »
Regarding yesterdays episodes....
1. Nicholas is p/o'd over his missing mirror, right?
Well, can't he just make a new one?  Is he only allowed just one?  It's obvious that the mirror in question came with the house.

Couldn't Nicholas have just brought it with him when he moved in?

2. How did Peter Bradford recognize Eve, as that Danielle person?

Because they already knew each other, from their little affair.

I'm sure there are many many more Hummms.....

[hdscrt]
1. Barnabas telling Angelique that Nicholas would try to destroy them both, with a "hatchet and mallot."  Isn't a hatchet some sort of ax?

2. Angelique magically being able to find an available coffin to use instead of the one at Blair's house.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 11:19:36 PM »
Because they already knew each other, from their little affair.

But that's the point....she doesn't look the same as she did before....she's walking around in somebody else's corpse!.... but the minute she shows up Peter/Jeff recognizes her instantly!  How the heck did he do THAT?

Never underestimate the spectacular lack of continuity on this production!  :o

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 11:35:01 PM »
How does Ben know her? missed that part!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 11:40:45 PM »
But that's the point....she doesn't look the same as she did before....she's walking around in somebody else's corpse!.... but the minute she shows up Peter/Jeff recognizes her instantly!  How the heck did he do THAT?

OH, I forgot about that.....she's supposed to be looking like Leona Eltridge back then, because SHE was the original Danielle.

After watching the show for a while, the lack of continuity is just something you learn to accept.

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 11:49:23 PM »

Never underestimate the spectacular lack of continuity on this production!  :o

That's what I'm saying!!!!
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 12:27:06 AM »

He ordered one from his "Witches, Warlocks and Wizards" catalog, but there is such a demand for magic mirrors that it is on backorder.   :-/

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 12:30:08 AM »
 He ordered one from his "Witches, Warlocks and Wizards" catalog, but there is such a demand for magic mirrors that it is on backorder.   :-/

;D   and one grey suit, to be worn at ALL times
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 12:38:52 AM »
Well, you know that this space/time continuem thingy gets a little complex.... ::) it has been theorized that even though WE saw Marie Wallace/Eve, that Peter Bradford saw Leonard Eltridge/Danielle. They did say after Vicky's sojourn in the past that Barnabas remembered her as Phyliss Wicke.

And while it would make perfect sense that Little Nicky brought his own magic mirror to the house, I don't think he has been there long enough for the wallpaper to be so stained around it. So, why didn't he make another? Search me.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2002, 02:22:13 AM »

I wondered about the mirror too, but consider that Angelique herself knows quite a bit about witchcraft. Maybe not as much as Nicholas, but she's no slouch in the spell department. She knew how to send Eve back in time, for example, so even though she's a vampire now, she still remembers all her spells.

Perhaps she knows the spell for enchanting the mirror cannot be placed on a second mirror by Nicholas until the first mirror is unhexed or destroyed. (Witches have strange rules.)

Was Nicholas lying to Adam when he said he had no control over human emotions? Angelique certainly did in 1795, judging by the spell she cast on Josette and Jeremiah. Perhaps this is one area of expertise where she tops Nicholas.

They consistenly referred to Eve's time travel as taking place in April of 1795, instead of 1796. That bugs me to no end. Vicki didn't even arrive in 1795 until October, according to Abigail Collins' testimony at her trial. She left around March of 1796.

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2002, 02:23:09 AM »
Well, you know that this space/time continuem thingy gets a little complex.... ::) it has been theorized that even though WE saw Marie Wallace/Eve, that Peter Bradford saw Leonard Eltridge/Danielle. They did say after Vicky's sojourn in the past that Barnabas remembered her as Phyliss Wicke.

I was thinking that, but it was actually Eve, the corpse they dug up and brought to life that was transported back in time, so while Marie Wallace can appear in Eve's dream about 1795, when she goes back in time herself and is recognized, I think we have to add it to the long list of continuity errors.

And about Vicki not being remembered in the past by Barnabas or any other sources, I'd have to say that I was about as disturbed by this as Vicki was (ya know, when she was sobbing over Peter's grave with Liz).  It just doesn't make sense that somehow she had NO effect on it (they even said that Phylis was hanged as a witch) yet Peter obviously remembers her.

So, the moral of the story is: when you play with time travel on soap operas, things are gonna get dicey and if youre not careful you could end up with a list of continuity errors as long as a rush hour backup on I-95 (or worse on some expressway in California).
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2002, 03:04:03 AM »
How does Ben know her? missed that part!

That's what I was wondering, don't remember her even being mentioned in the 1795 storyline.  ?!?
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2002, 03:34:37 AM »
And while it would make perfect sense that Little Nicky brought his own magic mirror to the house, I don't think he has been there long enough for the wallpaper to be so stained around it. So, why didn't he make another? Search me.

Nicholas in the early episodes appeared shrewd, slick, and smart-a warlock to never mess with for sure. However, recently that has not been the case as he demonstrated no ability for a simple task  such as to uncover where someone like Angelique is hiding. He seemed almost pathetic the other day with Eve and Julia Hoffman. Just because he did not have a mirror, Nicky seemed stifled.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2002, 03:39:52 AM »

Maybe Nicholas is distracted with thoughts of Maggie, and emotions are getting in the way.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan