Author Topic: OT: Captain Jack Sparrow teases 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stanger Tides'  (Read 656 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If you're looking forward to Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stanger Tides, then you should check out this teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con:

Captain Jack Sparrow teases 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stanger Tides'

Say what you will about the films, but Depp is a hoot and a half as Sparrow - even when he's just teasing the plot.  [lghy]

Hmmm - I wonder if he should keep the hat for Barnabas?  [wink2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Very cute.  I could have done without the nonstop musical track which sometimes drowned out Depp's delivery.  Who mixes this stuff?

In the 1930s this type of agitated scoring became known as ... wait for it ... Mickey Mousing.

I take it Depp is currently filming this one?  It would seem highly dubious that the 2011 release date for Depp Shadows is going to happen...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I take it Depp is currently filming this one?  It would seem highly dubious that the 2011 release date for Depp Shadows is going to happen...

Depp wraps shooting in either late summer or early fall - I forget which - so if one were to simply judge by his schedule, it's still possible for the Depp/DS film to be shot and released in 2011. But without a script, that seems highly unlikely at this point. I suppose we'll see...