Author Topic: In Dreams  (Read 2059 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
In Dreams
« on: August 25, 2002, 06:10:53 AM »
A friend of mine had a dream about Dark Shadows the other night. Here's his description of what happened:

Joe Haskell decided to open an old-fashioned inn/tavern in Collinsport, but his secret plan was to use patrons as subject for experiments and spells. Nicholas Blair may've been behind it, but I dont think it was said.

Willie was skulking around, spying in the alley. Joe caught him, threatened him, and stuck his hand in Willie's chest and ripped out his heart. That part of the effect was good--lots of layers and thicknesses of flesh and all, but the heart looked fake--a prop that wasnt beating or bloody even. Joe cursed Willie and put a spell on him, then stuck the heart back in. Willie screamed and squirmed the whole time.

What my friend doesn't say was that the dream was so authentic, he even saw the "Dan Curtis Productions" and "World Vision" logos at the end of episode one. :-/ :o ?!?

New ep: someone was about to discover the horrifying secret hidden in Collinsport, blah blah blah.

Interior of inn: Joe's the proprietor, while Willie's waiting on people. Probably about 5 unfamiliar men eating at one table-- one has white hair and odd, cloudy eyes. Joe does his thing, and lines the men against the wall.

Enter David Collins, a bit older now and played, oddly enough, by Andrew Keegan.
(Most recently seen on 7th Heaven--scout75) He's still little more than a kid, but as heir of Collinwood he does carry a little more authority. He has figiured out what's up through investigations of his own, since, as a result of his strange childhood, he picked up a thing or two about the supernatural.

Turns out the white-haired guy was the king of some country, and had some secret business at Collinwood. The other men are advisors and bodyguards.

Willie enters, played by a completely different actor. shaved head, handlebar moustache, maybe even a loopy gold earring, looking like a turkish Mr. Clean. Turns out Joe was so inept at the dark arts he'd actually turned willie into the phillistine god of fishing and increase, Dagon [a god later adopted by the Assyrians].

As I later learned, the god was half-man, half-fish, but having Karlen done up like that wouldve been sillier than having a rubber bat on a string. The ep ends with a close-up of Joe screaming as he realizes he is about to face the wrath of Dagon.

So, gang...should I get my friend to Wyndcliffe immediately or what?! :)
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: In Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 06:26:52 AM »

So, gang...should I get my friend to Wyndcliffe immediately or what?! :)

Yes, I think you should do it today!  ::)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 06:48:53 AM »
Quite amazing!!  I can't imagine having such a detailed dream based on a fictional work - it would be like actually watching a new episode!!  Are these recurring dreams?  Given that you proceed to give a second episode - that's even more amazing!!
Josette

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 08:53:17 AM »
:DI can understand someone having such a detailed dream. My dreams are epic stories, so far none about Dark Shadows but they are complex I remember some of them when I first wake up but forget them after wards. :)
Paul

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 08:54:08 AM »
Oh scout i've been up 24 hrs almost (on call in Or) just got home and hope i don't Have dreams like that :o :o

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 09:10:58 AM »
I wish I could have dreams about Dark Shadows like that.That would be really cool, as long as it doesn't involve being in the mausoleum...that place would have to be creepy.

Adra ;)
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 09:15:43 AM »
I hope I never have the Dream Curse dream. ::)Paul
Paul

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2002, 04:54:40 PM »
This friend who had the dream has an incredibly rich dream life; he has dreams about members of his family who have passed away, he has dreams that are essentially period pieces quite a bit--and now I find out he had a dream about The X-Files the other night!  ?!?
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2002, 07:20:24 PM »
When I was a kid, I remember having a few dreams straight out of DS. The only thing I remember is that one of them featured Gerard and Quentin, and the tension between them was almost unbearable. Somehow I was involved on one side or the other, and I knew that, no matter what happened to one, the other was going to kill me. Don't remember how it resolved.

A couple of years ago, though, I had a very vivid dream in which I discovered that Rose Cottage existed in my hometown in a place I had never visited before. When I discovered it there, my excitement was palpable -- mainly because Nancy Barrett was there. ;)  But Gerard also featured prominently in the dream, and again he presented a threat. By this time, I had already met Jim Storm, but it wasn't a caricature of Jim in the dream -- it was really supposed to be Gerard, and he was one evil fellow. Again, I don't recall how it resolved, but the images I have are very intense. And no, Rose cottage was not a model; it was a real house, although it looked a lot like the prop in the show.

[shadow=black,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2002, 07:52:28 PM »
At work, I am known as the queen of dreams. I usually dream every night in detail and color. When I was little my mom told me to write my dreams down as soon as I woke up so I would remember them.
I used to dream about elevators about 3-5 times a year and the dream was always different but that dang elevator was always in it. They stopped about 2 years ago and I read that I must have dealt with some issue that was causing the dream.
Now the other night I dreamt that I was pregnant with an alien baby and my cat told everyone it was going to be a boy and the aliens were going to take it away from me. I kept on saying " why me" through the whole dream. Weird huh?
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2002, 08:01:08 PM »
I think vivd dreams are a genetic trait.....I had night terrors as a child and so did my daughter and my father.

Eventually we all graduated to plain-old-ordinary very vivid dreams.....mine are usually about houses that start off familiar but change and morph into creepy, dangerous places. People rarely appear in my dreams...just places.  

Just your average anxiety dreams!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2002, 08:03:07 PM »
I haven't had too many DS dreams, but I did have one the other night. It was pretty bad. I was entering school and I looked over and realized Jeff Clark just enrolled. He was in all my classes and I could never get away from him! What a nightmare... [bawl]

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2002, 01:39:23 AM »
Hey Lindsey!....That's really funny.Having Jeff Clark in all of your classes.Sounds like fun.Actually,i find Roger Davis(as Jeff Clark)strikingly handsome.I have always liked the blond hair blue eyes kind of men though.So that would have been a good dream for me though.I would like to have one of those wierd dreams with the swirly colors and tye-dyed bnackgrounds...that would be cool too.

Adra ;)

P.S...and If I was Angelique I would have done more to Jeff than just bite him! 8)
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2002, 03:22:44 AM »
:DI have had dreams about As The World Turns, Guiding Light, General Hospital, Passions, and The Young and the Restless, so itis only a matter of time before I dream about Dark Shadows. If and when I do I will race to  the computer and share it with you all.(Maybe if I sleep sitting up all night in a hard chair it might help.) ;D 8)
Paul

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2002, 04:36:38 AM »
I have always liked the blond hair blue eyes kind of men though.

I like the red hair, brown eyes men. The world needs more of them!  ;)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan