Author Topic: FRID MAKES WIERD NOISES ON STAGE!  (Read 748 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
FRID MAKES WIERD NOISES ON STAGE!
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
Another clip from the 2010 ds festival is on my youtube page. www.youtube.com/jayteevideo
Frid is describing how actors dont get the proper training anymore and he cant watch tv anymore because of it. he demonstrates and that is where the WIERD sounds are made. i know i may have made a spelling error in the youtube description and its already been pointed out and i will correct it later. i did look up the word "elocution" on wikopedia and got two spellings elocution and allocution. both have to do with speaking so i thought either was right.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: FRID MAKES WIERD NOISES ON STAGE!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:42 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, elocution was once part of the curriculum in secondary schools ... but today, I gather that pupils make more presentations (than when I was in school), so perhaps things even out somewhat. I had a vocal instructor from Britain (Royal Court) who had us do a technique similar to what Mr. Frid demonstrated - so I'm sure voice is still taught in some acting schools. Some of the reporters (specifically, women) on CNN have the most irritating nasal way of speaking, evidently it's a trend. I keep wanting to tell them to drop their voices to a lower register. (I don't claim that my classes had a lasting effect on me, but then I'm not on TV.)
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995