Author Topic: FLASHBACK FANTASY  (Read 4122 times)

Offline MikeS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: FLASHBACK FANTASY
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2002, 05:24:06 PM »
I vote for the link between Angelique and Nicholas.  Watching the show this time around, I've really come to enjoy watching the interactions between the two, and am quite curious as to their past history.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2002, 06:04:15 AM »
My vote goes for Angie and the Barnster.  That would have been something.  Maybe not suitable for afternoon TV or the young viewers who were/are DS devoted fans

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2002, 07:54:32 AM »
ANGELIQUE & BARNABAS IN MARTINIQUE

ROMANCE OF JENNY & QUENTIN

EARLY MARRIAGE OF ELIZABETH & PAUL STODDARD

EARLY MARRIAGE OF LAURA & ROGER COLLINS

LINK BETWEEN ANGELIQUE & NICHOLAS

I would vote for all of the above, save for the last choice, I feel Nicholas is merely Angelique's superior, although in my opinion not much of one at that... while he lectures Angelique about her misguided affections of the heart, I find it strange that he falls into that very same trap by falling in love with Maggie... a mere mortal.  ::)
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Connie

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2002, 08:30:17 AM »
I know it's not on the list, but I would be most interested in seeing scenes from 1840 - Quentin and Samantha's marriage before he went to sea.  I find the scenes with Selby and Virginia Vestoff among the most compelling of all the "couples" moments on the show.
(Plus, IMHO the best slap across the face ever pulled off on DS was Quentin slapping Samantha).

Another flashback fantasy...I know it never could have been done on the show, but I wish I could read about 1840 Quentin's adventures and near tragedy at sea.  I'm hoping someone will write it someday.

-CLC

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2002, 02:54:51 PM »
I know it's not on the list, but I would be most interested in seeing scenes from 1840 - Quentin and Samantha's marriage before he went to sea.  I find the scenes with Selby and Virginia Vestoff among the most compelling of all the "couples" moments on the show.
(Plus, IMHO the best slap across the face ever pulled off on DS was Quentin slapping Samantha).

-CLC

Consider it on the list... ;) Now show us the storyboard to illustrate it!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2002, 07:26:18 PM »
Hey gang,

I would have liked to seen Mrs. Johnson's early pre-Collinwood life.  What was Mr. Johnson like and did Mrs. Johnson have any other children in addition to Harry and his unnamed sister who we never got to see/

In addition, what was Maggie's mother like?  We know that Joe Haskell's fisherman father was killed at sea, but did Joe have any other siblings, and why did we never see Joe's mom?

Does Sheriff Paterson have a family?  If he has sons, are they also blessed/afflicted with early male pattern baldness?

Of course, what of saloon keeper Bob Rooney's family members, if any?  Does Bob have any brothers and sisters living in Collinsport?  And, does Bob, in fact, have a Mrs. Rooney in his life?  (Or is Bob, what we refer to as being, "happily divorced"?)

What of Tony Peterson and Burke Devlin's families?  I could go and on.  Heck, you could probably base a soap opera on the intriguing lives of all these fascinating "regular" people.

Bob the Bartender, an aspiring yenta since first viewing "Upstairs, Downstairs."

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2002, 11:48:36 PM »
Hey gang,

I would have liked to seen Mrs. Johnson's early pre-Collinwood life.  What was Mr. Johnson like and did Mrs. Johnson have any other children in addition to Harry and his unnamed sister who we never got to see/

In addition, what was Maggie's mother like?  We know that Joe Haskell's fisherman father was killed at sea, but did Joe have any other siblings, and why did we never see Joe's mom?

[snip]

Of course, what of saloon keeper Bob Rooney's family members, if any?  Does Bob have any brothers and sisters living in Collinsport?  And, does Bob, in fact, have a Mrs. Rooney in his life?  (Or is Bob, what we refer to as being, "happily divorced"?)

What of Tony Peterson and Burke Devlin's families?  I could go and on.  Heck, you could probably base a soap opera on the intriguing lives of all these fascinating "regular" people.

Bob the Bartender, an aspiring yenta since first viewing "Upstairs, Downstairs."

There are fanfics about some of these.  I've done a couple of them myself (and I have written about your namesake often).  As for Harry's sister . . . no, I won't spoil it  ;)

Kelthammer has done a couple of pieces about Maggie.  She posted them to the Dominion boards, but alas, I fear they've vanished now.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2002, 02:58:14 AM »
[wow][pain]My vote is for Quentin and Samantha also.  The scene where he first comes back from the sea, and she tells him.........Wow!
Also would have like some flashbacks of Jennie (when she was sane) and Quentin when they first married![nuts]
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline John_in_NC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 01:26:02 AM »
I personally would love to have seen the early marriage of Roger and Laura Collins.  The acidic repartee between those two was priceless in the original episodes of the series.  
John

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2002, 02:44:02 AM »
I would have liked to seen Mrs. Johnson's early pre-Collinwood life.

I would liked to have seen that too, also Harry's juvenile years, what led him going to prison later on. It would have been nice to see his sister too, I remember her being mentioned early on in the series, but that's all.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2002, 04:09:08 AM »
 :)  My vote goes to Barnabas & Angelique in Martinique.  For a woman to be that scorned....what really happened back then.

Also, Victoria's parentage.  Suspicion towards Liz but who was the father?  The entire story.

:)

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 04:09:58 AM »
I would liked to have seen that too, also Harry's juvenile years, what led him going to prison later on. It would have been nice to see his sister too, I remember her being mentioned early on in the series, but that's all.

Cheryl,
I am afraid this one would really  be a fantasy since there is no relevancy to the storylines. However,  it does answer the post.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 08:01:14 AM »
Craig_Slocum wrote:
"I would liked to have seen that too, also Harry's juvenile years,

I think we've just seen them.

"....what led him going to prison later on."

It was an accumulation of unpaid parking tickets.
;D

Connie

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2002, 08:44:25 AM »
Harry's estranged sister - Harriet Johnson

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2002, 08:54:25 AM »