Author Topic: DS DVD Sale At Amazon.com  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Sale At Amazon.com
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
If you keep checking Amazon Vendor for your target volumes, you can often get them around $25 apiece including postage.  I'm talking about NEW sets here, not USED.  But you have to check.  When I was shopping for them actively I just checked once a month or so.

G.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
thank you, both of you, i need to make more money 1st i think. learned about the sale they were having too late. my last check was only $91 bucks. & that isn't very big. hopefully my next one is a LOT bigger.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
If your connection is fast enough to allow you to watch Youtube, that allows you to watch the DS Minisodes.  The last time I checked they were well into 1897.  I think all of 1967, 1795, and 1968 is there.  Each ep is pared down to 9 minutes or so but it does help you get your fix when you really need it.

Best wishes,

G.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
well at the moment i'm watching the 1st Set. that i bought when it 1st came out. i'm on Episode #10 at the moment. so that's a bit far ahead to jump. he he thank you though.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »
I had an e-mail from Amazon today saying "But hurry--sale ends August 23."  So I hastened to spend far too much time going through the list of box sets, and ordered, among other things, The Dan Curtis Macabre Collection (Dracula (1973) / The Turn of the Screw (1974) / Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1968) / The Picture of Dorian Gray (1973)) for $23.49.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »
well the sale said $25.49 now it says $27.49 so it's not much of a leap. but thanx you for the news.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »
I appreciate this post alerting me to the sale.  As of now I can say that I was able to get 4 volumes and one from a private seller for only $18! As of now I am the proud owner of all of Dark Shadows Beginning episodes and I only lack 12 more volumes in the Barnabas episodes!  I am more than half way there! YAY! :)
[blob1] [blob5] [blob9] [blob10] [9251]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
well for me, i have Volumes, 1. in the "Begining" series in the standard series, i have 1-3, 17-22,24-26 & i also plan on taking FULL advantage of this FANTASTIC sale & buying hopefully a few more. i get paid this week. & i say Fantastic cause have you seen the prices on some websites for the series? they are simply TERRIBLE! full price at Boarders.com well counting tax & shipping. other than that it's $56.00 ,  $70 bucks at "Best Buys" official Site & that's without Tax & shipping. i'm sorry those prices are just plain TERRIBLE! & Especially "Best Buys" i LOVE the show but i'm NOT THAT big of the show to spend nearly $80 bucks on just one volume!  it's just NOT worth it.

no show is.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 12:40:07 AM »
I am more than half way there! YAY! :)
[blob1] [blob5] [blob9] [blob10] [9251]

Congrats, Taeylor.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 03:55:47 AM »
Thank you so much MB!  [ghost_grin]

B.Collins I agree as well.  Mpi and other various sites have them WAY overpriced.  I love the packaging as it's very sturdy and will last most likely a lifetime but lets face it the disc's were not made all that great in my opinion.  Netflix told me that out of all their series DS is the worst one for breaking and people having disc problems and they constantly are having to replace them! I expect this is why about 6 or so volumes are not available at this moment because they are being replaced.  I have experienced this a few times as I have had to return about 5 DVDS in the past and have them replaced and they were new. I don't know if anyone else has had any trouble but I sure did.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »
oh i believe it. i'm THRILLED that they put the dvd case smaller at some point. cause when the dvd's 1st came out those are a bitch to use. they either don't stay closed or the discs do fall out. which is why i think they made the cases smaller.

another series that Overprices stuff is the "BBC" i LOVE "Doctor Who" as well but buying Say Season 1 for $80 is just plain TERRIBLE for just 13 episodes. they NEED to down price their stuff as well. they aren't going broke. neither is "MPI"

i think i saw on "MPI" that they did lower the price somewhat on their "DS" dvd's. because it was $59.99 which is NOT a price i like to be honest. i dunno what the prices is now. but last i looked it was i think $40.00? which is a bit more reasonable.

these sets don't have that much when it comes to extra's. & i can live with that. they have interviews & Vol 26. has stuff on it so i can live with that. but you would think that they'd lower the prices what with today's Economy.  we will buy the sets either way but you would think that if they loward their prices to say $30.00 Everywhere we'd buy them a LOT Faster than at the current prices. but than what do we know ya know?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »
I have had to return about 5 DVDS in the past and have them replaced and they were new. I don't know if anyone else has had any trouble but I sure did.

Wow - I've never had any problems with any of the sets. I guess I should count myself very lucky.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 04:26:04 AM »
i now have volumes 4 & 5 coming! will be here hopefully on the 9th!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 04:52:59 AM »
Excellent.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile