Author Topic: The Vampire Diaries  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: The Vampire Diaries
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 02:47:53 PM »
I am liking TVD this year but it seems to lack the UMPH of the first season! I hope it gets better for me.  Maybe it's just me....Last week was good. Hopefully it will really heat up during Sweeps!  JMO! [skelleton_runs] I have a couple friends who feel the same way!   It just seems slow.....again maybe it's me! I will continue to watch it though as it's a good show in general.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
'The Vampire Diaries' newest vamp: 'Supernatural's' Lauren Cohan to play Rose

She was great on Supernatural, so she should be a fantastic addition to TVD.

As for TVD itself, I'm enjoying this year just as much as last (last week's ep was excellent - especially the sheriff's realization/reaction). People actually complained that last year the show's plotting moved too fast, so perhaps any perceived slowness in comparison to last year is because they've decided to take things a bit slower this year. I don't know because I can't really say I've found things all that slow slow because in every ep there's at least one major revelation or significant scene that makes you sit back and go "Whoa" - and that's just fine with me.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 04:02:18 PM »
Glad you are enjoying it MB!  I don't want it to seem like I don't still love the show.  It's defeinately at the top of my list of shows I love.  I  will continue to watch and try to settle in more with it.  Like I said I am watching a series that is moving a bit faster so maybe that is it?  No matter what it's still one of the best shows on Television and I will definately continue to watch!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »
to be honest, during the 1st season it took some time before i really could get into the show. because it started out really slow. yes it did speed up after awhile but i of course am referring to the early episodes. also

has anyone noticed how they have pretty much stopped having them in high school? or is this just me?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
has anyone noticed how they have pretty much stopped having them in high school? or is this just me?

When you've got someone like Katherine to deal with, there's not much time for reading, writing and 'rithmetic.  [wink2]

Considering that there wasn't even a new ep last Thursday, there have been an awful lot of TVD articles posted lately. Here's the latest:

'The Vampire Diaries' Steven R. McQueen and Michael Trevino take Chicago

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
I could ogle Steven R McQueen all day. SHEW Jermey is HOT! :)   [skull_winks]

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 09:24:43 PM »
i'm not denying that, they started to do that last season if ya noticed man. it became less storywise at school. which i have no problem with to be honest, but it just seems false that they would have these kids, & i know Stefan isn't a kid. but he's suppose to be so he can stay in the town longer. that's what i meant that's all

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:50 AM »
No need to clarify, B.Collins.  The winking smiley usually indicates a good-natured joke.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 02:48:32 AM »
actually i didn't see that cause it's so small. i was just make a comment that's all. actually i think the season is starting a tad slower so far but than it is just the start of the season. but it's at a good pace as well.

the thing about Kevin Williamson is that he loves to keep you guessing on anything he writes. i've been a HUGE fan of his since he wrote the 1st "Scream" film back in (1996) & most of his stuff has been good. weather he does a drama like "Dawson's Creek" which i loved until the ending. even if i didn't like the end of the show. i still am a fan of his.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Smileys are an important posting tool because no one can see a poster's face or hear their voice to read their intent, so smileys help to make intent clearer.  [hall2_smiley]

Even more articles:

'The Vampire Diaries': Which Mystic Falls residents definitely aren't gay, and who's not getting killed off?

Vampire Diaries Exclusive: Masked Murder!

A bloodbath? Whoa.

[BOO]

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »
oh i know in fact i tend to over use them on some sites i am a member of. he he [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile