Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1037  (Read 963 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1037
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1037
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »
Cyrus is a useful character even after he's dead.  The accusation that Quentin murdered Angelique comes from him, and Quentin's idea that there's witchcraft going on comes from him.  If Cyrus hadn't mentioned witchcraft to Quentin, how would Angelique have put the idea into Quentin's mind?  She surely knew of Cyrus's experience with witchcraft, so it would have seemed quite possible that he would talk to Quentin about it, but she couldn't be sure he would do it.  Oh, well, I suppose if he hadn't, she would have found some way to induce him to do so - and I would have liked to see her doing it.

Poor Maggie.  Vicky had some warning that a serious witchcraft accusation was going to be leveled at her, and she ignored the warning.  For Maggie it came straight out of the blue.

Lara Parker has admirable hands.  When she knots a handkerchief around a doll, she leaves you in no doubt that the knot is a tight one.  In one of the DVD interviews, she did - just in passing, if I remember correctly - something with her hands, an imitation of the kerchief-tying business, probably - and there it was again, the effectiveness of her hands.  I doubt that the handwork was part of Parker's audition; I imagine Dan Curtis just got lucky on that - or else Parker really worked on getting her hand movements right.  I mention this right now because Maggie didn't seem terribly skillful when she was working that chain today.  Was there a deliberate amateurishness there?  KLS is smart enough to practise such things, but I just don't know.  Anyway, if Quentin had known what to look for, he would have know that Maggie, even if she was a witch, wasn't much of a one.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
I noticed the same thing about LP's hands but I didn't analyze it quite like you did Lydia! How fabulous you analysis!!  MS hair looks more under control and shorter.  Cool shot for the credits!  I don't have much to say here!  I was slightly bored.

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:59:32 AM »
It's Lela Swift directing, not Kaplan, so is that why Bruno's talking quietly, not bellowing?    That electric slightly greenish yellow KLS has on her became very popular for just one year in the 90s.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »
That's what I always hated about the 1970 PT Quentin...he was always quick to believe the worst about Maggie. I know it did look bad for her in here, but ye gods, the guy had absolutely NO faith in her whatsoever.