Author Topic: Juliana Mc Carthy (91 Mrs Johnson/Abigail) Return To Y & R: Big Letdown  (Read 992 times)

David

They brought her back to kill her off after four episodes.
Soap writing sure sucks these days!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This is exactly what I expect these days when soaps bring back "classic" characters so, sadly, I can't say it comes as a surprise...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
"these days"?  Dark Shadows did the same thing 40 years ago...[spoiler]when the werewolf killed Mr. Wells.[/spoiler]

David

But that wasn't a core legacy character that viewers had an emotional attachement to.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Exactly.[spoiler]Mr. Wells[/spoiler]was a bit character at best.

David

Liz Foster's death was nothing but a set up for a new storyline, though Julianna, a great actress, played it brilliantly.
I don't see why they couldn't have her hang around for a month, spending quailty time with her family before bumping her off, just to give the viewers some payback.
She was a lead character for 10 years, from day one, and has returned to the show repeatedly. She's part of the show's core history. Her final exit was a slap in the face to the audience.

The pre-Barnabas eps of DS had better writing than this.
And, amazingly, pre-Barn DS had far better ratings than "#1" Y & R has now.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
that's almost as good as bringing up the long gone(and safely tucked away)victoria winters during the leviathan arc only to have her unceremoniously "killed-off" yet again.

talk about no pay off. [ghost_mad]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Though at least DS didn't bring [spoiler]Vicki and/or Alexandra back only to kill Vicki off.[/spoiler]THAT would have been an even worse slap in the face to both the character and the audience.  [ghost_angry]

David

In the aftermath of Liz Foster's passing, Jill has been revealed to be the daughter of long dead character Neil Fenmore, who was played by James Storm.
Pics of Storm were seen on today's show.