Author Topic: Idle Thoughts--Prior Engagements 8/19  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Idle Thoughts--Prior Engagements 8/19
« on: August 20, 2002, 05:35:49 AM »
Fashion notes first . . .

Vicki's pleated dress.  Not a fan.  I don't know if Moltke was pregnant at this point or not, but the dress did nothing to minimize her weight.

Eek, the patchwork quilted horror made another appearance (and against the background of the interdimensional Roseanne quilt too!) and Nicholas didn't run screaming for the hills.  He's got it bad, all right.

Onto the show,

Yet another great unsolved DS mystery:  what in the name of God did Eve see in Peter?

The only thing I can come up with is that he was great in the sack, because otherwise Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark was the kind of guy that a woman like Eve would run over with her car.  

And P/J continues to be a mystery himself.  I mean, this is hardly the first time the whole "You are Peter Bradford" thing has come up.  He's got memories of secret entrances to mausoleums, no memory of a life as Jeff Clark prior to his relationship with Eric Lang, and Eve is like, the second (albeit the second admittedly odd) woman to freak out at the sight of him, address him as Peter Bradford, and claim a prior acquaintance.

You'd think he'd be a little more accepting that something isn't quite right.

Yawn.  It pains me to say this, but these days Joan Bennett's appearance generally signals great boredom.  How much longer do we have to endure this?  Even though I know that it is impossible--Elizabeth has no more good storylines, only a few good moments and we're going to have to wait till Judith to get to the good stuff again--I want the old Liz back (sigh).

Gotta admit though "the angel of death" moment was mildly amusing.

I have to wonder just how Nicholas planned to handle the whole "mother of a new race" thing.  I mean, I frankly don't see how he planned to get her to sleep with Adam let alone bear children.

I suppose we should be grateful that we were spared the sight of Erica Fitz as Roger Davis' love interest.

Some nice work all around especially from Marie Wallace--she almost made it entertaining to watch Roger Davis.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
Re: Idle Thoughts--Prior Engagements 8/19
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 05:47:24 AM »
And P/J continues to be a mystery himself.  I mean, this is hardly the first time the whole "You are Peter Bradford" thing has come up.  He's got memories of secret entrances to mausoleums, no memory of a life as Jeff Clark prior to his relationship with Eric Lang, and Eve is like, the second (albeit the second admittedly odd) woman to freak out at the sight of him, address him as Peter Bradford, and claim a prior acquaintance.

My own personal explanation for this (which I like quite a bit
;) ) is that as some weirdo who managed to transcend time Jeff isn't  really "allowed" to realize that he's Peter Bradford or else he gets sent back to the 18th century.  This, in my mind, would help to explain away some of his absurd behavior and his bad case of denial.  Of course, by believing this, I'm letting the writers off the hook, which is really something I hate to do.
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 05:49:48 AM »
Yet another great unsolved DS mystery:  what in the name of God did Eve see in Peter?

The only thing I can come up with is that he was great in the sack.

Honestly, how great could he possibly BE in the sack when he's always got his fingers tangled up in his OWN hair?

On the other hand, having Eve run him over with her car is the best idea I've heard in a long time.

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 03:12:35 AM »

The only thing I can come up with is that he was great in the sack, because otherwise Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark was the kind of guy that a woman like Eve would run over with her car.

Nobody's THAT great!

I suppose we should be grateful that we were spared the sight of Erica Fitz as Roger Davis' love interest.

I disagree. I didn't remember how close together the Fitz episodes and this one were. It would have been more logical to show Erica Fitz as Danielle Roget in 1796 (Ms. Fitz's appearance and talents notwithstanding). "Eve" made several references to the fact that she "looks different" now but the only thing different about her in the flashback was a doily on her head.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 03:46:26 AM »
Nobody's THAT great!

LOL!  Work with me here.  I can't come up with any other reason why someone like Eve would even talk to P/J let alone want to spend the rest of her life with him  8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2002, 09:46:02 AM »
I too wondered just how Nickolas was going to get Adam & Eve to conceive children for Satan. It's funny because before the recent experiment, Nickolas was so gun- hoe on picking the life force for Eve because he stated in his own words, "I wasn't involved with Adam's experiment, so he's harder to control, but if I choose the life force for Eve, I can control her easily!"  I don't know how he came up with that because if you ask me, Eve is 10 times more "uncontrollable" than Adam is for him. It's obvious that Eve can't be controlled by anyone, so it looks like Nickolas made a huge mistake choosing her. Perhaps he would have been better off using Maggie Evans!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 08:34:12 AM »
Vicki's pleated dress.  Not a fan.  I don't know if Moltke was pregnant at this point or not, but the dress did nothing to minimize her weight.

thought the same thing about AM her face looked fuller
but that gold dress was :o

ROTFL SO THATS THE EXPLANATION! He must be REAL GOOD to remember after all those years ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV