Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1014  (Read 2530 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1014
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1014
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:29:51 AM »
Get us back to Loomis House.   Things is nuts at Collinwood.   I can't care about Parallel Q.   Hang 'im high.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:31:01 AM »
Both Quentin and Angelique both need to be put in a padded room. Maybe they
both need to get a life. Maybe it was just Quentin is spoiled. I can see why
Barnabas just wants to get home. At least Barnabas wanted to fight for his life and
the love he wanted.  

I have a question, when did Quentin ever work? Maybe if he was busy he would realize that he has no need to give any heed to Angelique. This story seemed to be played out already. It looks like they are writing the same story that they did earlier. Angelique wants a man, so she put a spell on him to get him, old story. I wonder if that is how she got him in the first place?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:50:47 AM »
 I have a question, when did Quentin ever work? 

No kidding. Quentin with a hammer in his hand, opening a crate. Seemed strange to me for some reason.

Dig it. That "painting" isn't even on canvas. Sam Evans, where is thy brush? Sam may not have been the greatest artist, but he knew what the hell he was doing.

Anyway, I loved Mr. Selby's performance in this episode. He plays a loony so well.

Hey, how do you do spoiler thing? I wanted to say something, but not wreck it for anybody else.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:10:42 AM »
Hey, how do you do spoiler thing?

Click the button labeled Sp that's a couple of rows above the smilies.  This code will show up in your post:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Type the text to be hidden between those two tags.  There's no need to leave extra spacing between the tag and the text.  And feel free, as always, to Preview your post before submitting it to make sure it's in working order.  Hope that helped. :D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »
I can't care about Parallel Q.   Hang 'im high.

That's harsh - though at this point Quentin isn't necessarily supposed to be likable. But what we as an audience should be asking ourselves is what the hell IS this guy's problem? Hints have been given. (And more will come - especially a remark he makes in Ep #1027. Though, of course, the WP hasn't gotten to that ep yet.  ;))

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:34 AM »
I have to disagree with Magnus on this one and you will see in why in notes below!

5/14/70

David S surely has the “puppy dog eyes” thing down pat! :)

I was thinking that perhaps they didn't do a good job on Maggie's painting because it would later be slashed!?

Poor Quentin! I think if one looks hard enough they can see his humanity shining through. What deep emotion David Selby is playing this scene with as he is acting out the terrible deep pain he feels with real tears.  What an amazing performance David just turned in! BRAVO! What a fine actor he is. That scene totally made me like PT Quentin much more.

Great famous blooper with Lara almost tripping; although it wouldn't have been funny if she truly fell down those stairs! YIKES!

It's nice that a noose and chair are all ready set up for Quentin unless perhaps he had set it up off screen?

This episode was AWESOME mainly because David Selby rocked it out!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »
I was thinking, after Quentin slashed that portrait, that I'd like to see a storyline unfold about duelling portraits - Maggie's and Angelique's, but (here's a spoiler for you) it didn't happen.  Maybe Barnabas's portrait (which must have vanquished Jeremiah's portrait somewhere along the line) would have come to the aid of Maggie's portrait.

Great famous blooper with Lara almost tripping; although it wouldn't have been funny if she truly fell down those stairs!
I was thinking: This is why they wear low heels.

It's nice that a noose and chair are all ready set up for Quentin unless perhaps he had set it up off screen?
I think he had.  At the beginning of the scene, the room looked empty, but then we saw that Quentin was already there.  There's a scene in Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None (which is the alternate title, because the original title was un-PC) in which a girl goes to her room and finds a noose and a chair all set up for her, but that's not what happened here.  By the way, I liked the note Quentin wrote.  As far as I could tell, it made no sense because his feelings, whatever they were, didn't seem to be directed towards Angelique, but he felt he had to write it because it was in his dream.

I think we must have known before that Cyrus could remember being Yaeger, but this is the first time we saw him thinking about a specific memory of Yaeger's.  Now he's planning never to let Yaeger out again, and to forget his experiments and be a doctor plain and simple, doing good works.  He wants to be Dr. Woodard instead of Dr. Hoffman.  But he knows there is something strange going on at Loomis House.  My impression is that he will not pursue it, for fear that his secret will be discovered.  Can you be truly good if you turn away from pursuing something like that?  Dr. Woodard didn't think so.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 07:28:29 PM »

Maybe Quentin had been acting out his dream, and try to figure something out.

I wonder when Angelique will learn not to play with fire and spells.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:17:18 PM »
It's unfortunate that this is Paula Laurence's last ep as Aunt Hannah because I think she made a significant contribution to the show in the short time they used her. Though the plan always was for Hannah to simply fill in for Hoffman while Grayson Hall was working on hoDS...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
Angelique to Quentin:  "There is always violence in love."
Now there's a scary peek into Angelique's psyche.

It seems she was so obsessed with the effects of her black spell that she failed to notice that Cyrus began talking about the premise of his experiment-- the one that was her idea to begin with-- right in front of her.

But for an example of total insanity, there's this conversation--
Cyrus:  "Maybe your love for Maggie was that..."
Quentin (slams hand down):  "CYRUS, I'M NOT GOING TO SEND FOR MAGGIE, SO DON'T YOU PURSUE IT ANY FURTHER!"
C:  "Quentin, I'm not pursuing anything and there's no reason to fight me on it."
Q:  "No, no, there's not. You think I should send for Maggie, don't you?"
C:  "That decision has to be yours."
Q:  "Yes, I suppose it does."
 [crazy]

And what was up with the sound of church bells over the image of Collinwood?

Now he's planning never to let Yaeger out again, and to forget his experiments and be a doctor plain and simple, doing good works.

I was fascinated by that revelation... until I saw that the bottle Cyrus was holding contained the antidote.  Wouldn't it have made more sense if he'd been contemplating all those things over the serum that would turn him into Yaeger?

I guess it's a good thing that The Hanging Man was inverted when Quentin laid it down, because otherwise he would have had to hang himself by his feet since that's the way the figure appears when the card is right side up. ;)

It's unfortunate that this is Paula Laurence's last ep as Aunt Hannah because I think she made a significant contribution to the show in the short time they used her.

I absolutely love that her final moment consisted of her character storming off-stage in an awesome black cape with red satin lining.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »
I wonder, would we have seen Tim Stokes if Paula Lawrence hadn't left?   I'd never want PT to be without evil always-drunken, crazy bow-tie-wearing Tim.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:17 AM »
Magnus, my understanding is that the Hannah Stokes character was created because Thayer David was off playing Professor Stokes in House of Dark Shadows, so there was never any doubt that we would get Tim Stokes character eventually.  But I would very much like to have seen Hannah and Tim together.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »
Thanks, Lydia.  Me too.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
I agree with you guys about missing Aunt Hannah and I would have absolutely loved seeing Paula and Thayer hamming it up together!  [snow_cry]

Hey Midnite!  [hello]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/