Author Topic: Dr. Dave Smartypants  (Read 682 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Dr. Dave Smartypants
« on: January 31, 2002, 01:47:14 PM »
Originally posted by Ben on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on January 31, 2002 at 07:47:14:

How foolish of Dr. Woodard to confront Barnabas about his sister -- er, ancestor, Sarah. And that was followed by the smug look on the good doctor's face as he exited the Old House. The only thing he didn't do was break into a sing-song, "I know your secret! I know your secret!"

Instead of advancing his discreet investigation, Dr. Woodard has now succeeded in raising Barnabas' paranoia and making himself a target of Barnabas' suspicions.

I guess the doctor's blunder was necessary to advance the plot and preserve Barnabas and Julia. But the blunder will prove to be a costly one.

Bad move, Dave.

Ben
(still hoarse from yelling at my TV)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Dave Smartypants
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 03:11:04 PM »
Posted by Joeytrom on January 31, 2002 at 09:11:04:
In Reply to: Dr. Dave Smartypants posted by Ben on January 31, 2002 at 07:47:14:

I can't picture Robert Gerringer saying that line. I miss him already. If I were Dr. Woodard, I secretly would have brought Sheriff Patterson, Joe, and Sam to the secret room. And I NEVER would have made my suspicions known to Julia!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Dave Smartypants
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2002, 02:16:47 AM »
Posted by Birdie on January 31, 2002 at 20:16:47:
In Reply to: Re: Dr. Dave Smartypants posted by Joeytrom on January 31, 2002 at 09:11:04:

I also can't believe the talk he had with David. A real doctor would have put the boy at ease but not have gone into so much detail. Why would he give David more to think about and worry about.

Hello confide in the child!

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth