Author Topic: Charles Randolph Grean Quentin's Theme Record Available for Download  (Read 565 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I was a tad annoyed when the 30th Ann. CD came out claiming to have all the Grean DS tracks. Looking back, they may have indicated the singles. Either way, careless reading on my part or an omission on theirs, it seemed annoying to have everything except the "Shadows of the Night" version sung by Robin Grean. Now understand, I never really liked that song all that much, I just felt it was unsettling to have the collection incomplete. I could have taken the album and converted the track to MP3 myself, but that would have been a hassle. I used to do things like that routinely, but the software doesn't work well with my newer PCs. Yesterday I found MP3s of the album on a site. The URL will be pasted below. The only annoying thing is (here's where I look a gift horse in the mouth) each side was recorded as a single track. That's ok though; I have the song now and can burn it to CD where it will probably be ignored for  years.  I have to admit, even though that album was never my style of music, it was a blast from the past to hear it again.  The page also has some articles on DS. For those who do not have the first sound track album on CD, it's also there.
http://recordoobscura.blogspot.com/search?q=quentin%27s+theme

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Love the '66 review by Cynthia Lowry. It's great to read how someone appreciated DS from the outset. (But one does wonder why there are so many copies of it on the site.  [ghost_blink])

For that review alone, thanks for sharing the site.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I also liked seeing the Groovy Horror Heads Ad!