Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0989  (Read 1426 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0989
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0989
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
At least Cyrus woke up at home.   Did he ever think of going out of town for his chemical benders?   Cyrus writes his scientific notes in an address book.   Sabrina starts a seance as if it's a big deal, but I don't remember it being that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:15 AM »
Yeager was so evil.  Sabrina being attacked by him. Did Cyrus really want to have a more involved relationship that he was to afraid to think about?

I think Yeager knew where he could get the things that he needed. I don't think that he would have left Collinsport.

Will was a very spoiled man just like Quentin, it would seem like Angelique like to acquire men that would hang around her.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:52:18 AM »
All right. Which one of you is responsible for not telling me that John Karlen was in this episode??? Hmm???

In the beginning... So Will Loomis is supposedly interviewing Barnabas. How much of a pain in the ass do you think it is to remove the chains from his coffin on a daily basis?

Ha ha ha! That robe that Cyrus is wearing! He looks like a blood red orange surrounded by butterflies.

Check it out, Cyrus. The Collinsport Theater is showing "Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde", starring Spencer Tracy and Ingrid Bergman....

Cyrus' notes look as though they are written in Egyptian. Maybe it's just his scratch.

Oh. One more thing. Who is this "Paxton" guy? Is there no George Patterson in PT Land? If that's the case, maybe there is parallel food, and a parallel diner and parallel eggs Benedict, and even parallel Spam. Oh, the humanity!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
So Will Loomis is supposedly interviewing Barnabas. How much of a pain in the ass do you think it is to remove the chains from his coffin on a daily basis?
Don't you mean on a nightly basis?

Oh. One more thing. Who is this "Paxton" guy? Is there no George Patterson in PT Land?
Fodder for fill-in setups!  Thank you, Janet!

The scene with Will and Carolyn in the Old House living room was lovely - well written and well acted.  I believe John Karlen has said that he memorized his lines on the subway ride into work, but I think maybe he put a little more effort than that into this scene.

We saw a blanket that I didn't recognize on Sabrina today - big pattern plaid, dark colors if I remember correctly.  What are those dark colors doing in parallel time?

I liked the discovery of the ring.  For all I know, it's the hoariest old chestnut imaginable, but it felt fresh to me.  One does find the most surprising things in one's pockets sometimes.  I'm a little surprised, though, that Cyrus's pocket didn't have whole in it big enough for the ring to fall through into the lining.

I've got to hand it to Lisa Richards.  She is now engaged in the most obvious plot pusher imaginable - hey, what on earth did a séance have to do with her dream? - but I enjoyed seeing Sabrina (let's pause for a second and consider how extraordinary that phrase is: "I enjoyed seeing Sabrina") walking into Collinwood and doing her thing.  Why were the table and chair there?  I don't know.  I don't care.  I enjoyed it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »
Evil has 20/20 vision, whereas Good needs eyeglasses to read big black handwriting.  The things you learn from DS!  (Does it remind anyone else of a twist involving the WB pilot's Willie?)

Paxton's voice in Cyrus' head:  "Everyone agreed, he was a big man, very broad in the shoulders, extremely well-dressed, and he had a moustache."
So of course the cop says it can't be Cyrus, cuz even though he's a big man too with broad shoulders who walks around his house wearing a robe over a neatly pressed shirt and a tie, it is impossible to fake a moustache.

Cyrus to Paxton:  "My housekeeper and I are the only ones with keys to my place."
Which of course is why Sabrina is usually the one we see locking up at night.
Rather than having the cop say that accomplished burglars are good at making skeleton keys, wouldn't it have made more sense to say that Sabrina had a key and Yaeger likely stole it?

Cyrus phones in a prescription for Sabrina-- our first indication that he's a medical doctor.

She is now engaged in the most obvious plot pusher imaginable - hey, what on earth did a séance have to do with her dream?

I think we're supposed to believe that the trauma of the attack, and having to relive it in her dream, caused her to go back to the time of the seance.

All right. Which one of you is responsible for not telling me that John Karlen was in this episode??? Hmm???

Ulp.

Nice job by the writers, making Will so unlikable.  I'm finding his dysfunctional relationship with Carolyn to be far more interesting than the stuff inspired by Rebecca or J&H.

Who is this "Paxton" guy? Is there no George Patterson in PT Land? If that's the case, maybe there is parallel food, and a parallel diner and parallel eggs Benedict, and even parallel Spam. Oh, the humanity!

LOL  I'm guessing that the Paxton character was the series' counterpart of the police inspector that shows up in the novel during the investigation of Hyde.

Here's an online obituary for Stanley Grover, who played Mr. Paxton and had a long career on TV and the Broadway stage:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-08-31/news/9708300565_1_stanley-grover-mr-grover-musicals

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
Cyrus to Paxton:  "My housekeeper and I are the only ones with keys to my place."
Which of course is why Sabrina is usually the one we see locking up at night.

Ha.   We never see a trace of any actual housekeeper, so we?  Maybe "Housekeeper" is Cyrus's pet name for Sabrina!

I'm finding his dysfunctional relationship with Carolyn to be far more interesting than the stuff inspired by Rebecca or J&H.

I agree.   PT Collinwood only gets interesting when someone from the Loomis House threesome happens by.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:23:12 AM »
Maybe "Housekeeper" is Cyrus's pet name for Sabrina!

[ghost_cheesy]