Author Topic: Tarzan and the Great River Makes DVD Debut  (Read 742 times)

ClaudeNorth

Tarzan and the Great River Makes DVD Debut
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:01 AM »
For all you Diana Millay fans, here's some exciting news:  her 1967 film, Tarzan and the Great River, is now available on made to order DVD through the Warner Archives.

Here's the link to the website:  http://www.wbshop.com/Tarzan-and-the-Great-River-1967/1000154416,default,pd.html?cgid=ARCHIVENEW

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Tarzan and the Great River Makes DVD Debut
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:10:38 AM »
Thank you so much CLAUDE! I wonder if they have it on Netflix.  I will be checking it out.  I love Diana and she looked phenomenal in this movie! :)  Again thanks!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
The interesting thing about that DVD is that it's made-to-order. Last May Warner Brothers began offering a service where many of the films in their vault that they don't ever plan to offer in a wide DVD release were made available for anyone who wants to specially order a DVD. (If only more studios would follow suit...)

For more details, check out: Warner Bros launches "made-to-order" DVD service

But because they're made to order, places like Netflix may not stock them. It will be interesting to see if you do find it there, Taeylor...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:18:28 AM »
Netflix doesn't have a good track record for certain titles.  I think sometimes a more esoteric title may be damaged and they fail to replace it, or they decide they're just now going to stock certain titles.  They don't seem to stock at all the MGM classic horror set with Mad Love, Mark of the Vampire, and Mask of Fu Manchu from a couple of years ago which seems like a pretty extreme oversight.  I have noticed other examples recently.  So, I'll be surprised if they do stock one of those to-order titles.

I've looked all over their site to see if there's a way to request a title but the only option seems if they have made an entry for the movie to click on the "save" button.  Needless to say, this doesn't help if they haven't bothered to make a page for the movie you want them to stock.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
Yeah they don't have it listed but they Satan in High Heels they have and let's face it that is pretty obscure.   I also spoke with one of the operators and she told me that they are working on a contract with WB about getting more obscure stuff and getting more copies.  WB doesn't like to sell them a lot of copes at once for some reason.   They think it takes away from the public!  That is cool that they are doing the made to order thing though!!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/