Author Topic: OT: AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS dvd is OUT OF PRINT!  (Read 713 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OT: AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS dvd is OUT OF PRINT!
« on: August 12, 2002, 11:08:14 AM »
Due to legal problems that have arisen in regards to the Amicus horror titles ASYLUM, BEAST MUST DIE and AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS, they are now out of print.

AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS hit shelves April 30th and features an audio commentary with Ian Ogilvy moderated by yours truly.

Anyone that has an interest in picking up these discs should do it soon. Stores and e-tailers will be limited to stock-on-hand and after this info hits the horror mags and websites, they may be a bit difficult (and pricey) to get.

Darren

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS dvd is OUT OF PRINT!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2002, 05:26:01 PM »
This is sad news, Darren.  Not owning a DVD player, I haven't purchased any of these.  I may get the Screaming Starts disc just for your interview!  Ian Ogilvy is a wonderful actor and I felt rarely found roles of the calibre he deserved. (He is in a great episode of the Robin of Sherwood series featuring Jason Connery--these were recently issued on DVD in the UK.)

Have never seen Asylum, though it sounds like fun flick.  Nor Beast must die--an early 70s werewolf film?

I hate all this legal bull that keeps us from enjoying our favorite low budget horror movies!  The genre pretty much went bust after 1973.

Steve

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: AND NOW THE SCREAMING STARTS dvd is OUT OF PRINT!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2002, 09:39:37 AM »
Have never seen Asylum, though it sounds like fun flick.

Gosh, Asylum, I remember that movie from the 70's. It was a pretty good horror flick too.  It seems like alot of these low budget horror films such as Asylum, Night Of The Living Dead, etc.. wound up being the best of the bunch.  And now to hear that they're pulling some of these discs out of print is just bad news!

Thanks Darren for keeping us posted on this.
"Calamity Jane"