Author Topic: NODS HD Amazon download  (Read 717 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
NODS HD Amazon download
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:15:28 AM »
I bought the NODS Amazon download earlier this year, and when I went to watch it tonight, I was offered a 48-hour HD download of the flick.  So for 4 bucks, I said, why not...The titles in particular are quite striking (as opposed to the blurred titles of the standard def version),  but I am troubled by a few omissions:  when near the beginning we see Quentin and Tracy getting out of the card from the windows, the familiar vibraphone music cue was completely missing.  Also, right after Tracy claims the gallery is her favotire room, Carlotta (off screen) has the start of a line that is not completed before the scene ends.  Then , just before the kitchen scene with Gerard and Carlotta, we see TRacy adn Quentin in bed (after Quentin's first dream) and there is a music cue (low timp and flute) that I've never heard in this movie.  I'm starting to wonder "what's up here."  This must be yet another different sound mix, right?  Anybody else have any thoughts?  (FYI--the picture is gorgeous!)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: NODS HD Amazon download
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
This is fascinating, Brian.  I've thought about purchasing the hoDS and NoDS dls for my laptop but just haven't gotten around to it yet. 

It's disturbing to think there are further cuts on the NoDS dl.  I hope they fix it but doubtful that they will bother.

G.