Author Topic: The most eee-vil WOMAN of the Eighteenth Century!  (Read 3875 times)

Offline CandleLighter

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The most eee-vil WOMAN of the Eighteenth Century!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2002, 07:47:58 PM »
And, if you're talking about typos, an advantage of a board like this is that one can go back afterwards and edit it !!  I've done it a lot!!!!

Well you learn something new everyday.. I just noticed the modify button on the posts after I read your comment   :D

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2002, 08:59:15 PM »
For me the series at this point will be a scream-fest as I absolutely relish each and every response Eve has for Adam; Either about him or especially to his face - Providing much needed comic relief to this almost preposterous storyline. And it doesn't help much that every time I read the name "Eve", I hear it as Bette Davis spoke it so deliciously throughout the film, All About Eve. EEEVE...

LOL!  Eve is too much fun...she's such a haughty b****!

MrsJ.
(As an aside, it was cute to see Robert Rodan and Marie Wallace together again at the fest this year).

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2002, 01:58:22 AM »

I had to laugh when I saw Eve "being born" and wearing that black dress, black stockings & heels as if she were heading off to a nightclub or something. I wonder who's idea it was for that?

I have a simple explanation for Eve's black dress: She was buried in it. Eve, or whoever she was before she died, was dug up by Willie, brought to Julia, and Julia just wrapped her up real good and tight in bandages soaked with anti-decomposing cream. She looks just as fresh and lovely as the day she was buried. (I wonder who Eve was before she was Eve? Probably some cocktail waitress down at the Blue Whale.)

I agree with you Chris, the whole Jeff Clark/Danielle Roget business made no sense what so ever. Why on earth would she take a liking to him? The two are more mismatched than Adam & Eve are.  I could see her take a liking to Nathan Forbes before I could see her liking Jeff Clark.

Angelique was plenty evil for 1795, and she didn't give a flip about Peter Bradford. I don't see why this alleged "most evil woman in the whole wide world" would look twice at such a dullard as Peter Bradford.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2002, 08:25:26 AM »
LOVE this thread!  Erica Fitz has always stood out in my mind as one of the more off-beat casting choices made by DC and Company, so I am definitely enjoying everyone's comments.

Noticed that EF looked like a cross between the 60s-era Marianne Faithfull and Mary Kay Place as Loretta Haggers (that hair!).  Not to mention her flat delivery of every line.

Other thoughts:

Whenever someone mentioned the name 'Leona Eltridge', I expected them to say 'Leona Helmsley'.  Now, THERE'S someone who would have made an excellent life force.

When Adam enters Josette's room to tell Leona that Stokes wants to speak to her, Robert Rodan is quite clearly laughing at the beginning of the scene, but quickly pulls himself together.  Not only is this moment interesting in terms of speculating about what was going on off-camera, but it's great to watch as RR switches from his own persona to the Adam persona.

Regards,

John

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2002, 06:56:57 PM »
When Eve goes back in time (played by Marie Wallace), I tend to think the characters there see her as looking like Erica Fitz (like in Quantum Leap).  

The DS producers probably thought it may have been confusing for the audience to see Erica Fitz playing Danielle Roget in 1795.

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2002, 03:30:59 AM »
Welcome, Afan!
Wiley S.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2002, 10:03:58 PM »
There's a rather touching tale that a fan wrote about Julia shopping for Eve's dress... can't recall now just where I read it.  

I remember this.  It was called "Julia Goes Shopping" by MsBouchard???  and it was on Alane Sue's page.  I think the page is defunct now, but it was a cute story.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 08:55:38 AM »
;D ::)I am glad I am not the only one who thought what I thought. I thought Leona Eldridge was played by a man. There is something so strange about her scenes. I still can't put my finger on it.Any other ideas? ::)
Paul

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2002, 05:51:39 PM »
;D ::)I am glad I am not the only one who thought what I thought. I thought Leona Eldridge was played by a man. There is something so strange about her scenes. I still can't put my finger on it.Any other ideas? ::)

Fitz's intonation is very . . . off . . . I guess is the right word.  Her voice itself is unusual.  I'm tempted to venture that she had some chemical help, but who knows, with that dialogue and the probable non-direction, maybe it's all the result of a not-very-good actress' decision as to how to play the part.

According to IMDB she would have been about 26 in 1968, but she plays much older.  The makeup and hair perhaps?  

I was tooling around on Google and aside from the DS references, there is someone out there with the name of Erica Fitz Mears who seems to be on boards and chi-chi sorts of charities and things.  I wonder if this is the same person . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2002, 06:32:19 PM »
It cracked me up when Stokes said that she committed every crime, I mean come on "every" crime?!?

Her fashion sense is enough of a crime! And it truly proves that she is evil! Evil I say!
:o
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2002, 07:13:33 PM »

there is someone out there with the name of Erica Fitz Mears
Luciaphil

did ya put that name in the anagram-izer?

Ringo
[finally thought of who gets my vote: Nancy Reagan]

We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »
I always found it funny when Professor Stokes described Danielle Roget as the woman who had "committed every crime". So I wonder if that included things such as--

tax fraud, jaywalking, imprisoning a man in his own home, accusing a man of being a werewolf (which is a crime according to Quentin in 1897), fishing for whales on sunday, breastfed in public, got a fish drunk, or wore patent leather shoes in public (the last four are all illegal in Ohio).
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »
If Nicky Blair really wanted the most evil woman in the world for Eve's life force, then why didn't he get Martha Stewart?

Anya explains it all in dialogue from a season 6 Buffy episode, "Wrecked":

ANYA: Martha Stewart isn't a demon! She's a witch...

XANDER: Really?

ANYA: Of course. Nobody can do that much decoupage without calling on the powers of darkness...

Anya is the best!!!  [easter_evil]  And yes we have chatted several  times  about  Erica's  original   gender!    She  quite possibly  was  a  full time  Transexual!   
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/