Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0964  (Read 1428 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0964
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:12 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0964
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »
Collinsport Star - Wanted: Zombies. Tor Johnson look-a-likes desired. Money no object. Whoops. Scratch that. But it looks like they found their Tor.

The actor who portrays Sky may not be the greatest actor, nay, even a mediocre one, but he does come off as a rich industrialist, jet set kind of guy. IMHO anyway.

Such diabolicle goings on...

Why is there a coffin in Jeb's room? What did I miss THIS time?

Dig Roger's suit jacket. Tic tac toe, anyone?

Jeb: Cure me! Give him a sedative, Doc Hoffman, and shut him up!

And we have the infamous lamp blooper. I often ignore things that go wrong at my place of work too. It's all about the money. And retakes, I suppose.

More Quentin. Yummy yum yum....
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »
Glad you're back, Janet.  At least until I hit "Post" (and I mean Night Court actress Markie Post of course), I am at 8000 posts, and you Janet are at 800 posts.

Egad... Roger's home!  I paused the tape on the moment Roger's turning around to close the front door, and is about to turn back around and see the zombies.   This is going to be some reaction!!!! ... I thought.  But no.   After I unpaused, Roger yells a lame "Oh my God!" or something immediately, with no pause to soak in and think about what he was seeing.   A nothing reaction.  Now, LE knows how to react well.   One of my favorite DS moments is when Edward is shocked at Jamison's detachable hand.   (Well not the replay.)   I think that in this episode, LE's heart just wasn't in it.   Yeah yeah, Collinwood's full of zombies.   Right.

Joke stolen from my old university's newspaper's great cartoonist:  "Hey ma!  Someone left the screen door open, and some zombies got in!!"

It's another lifeless zombie!!!!   Oh wait, that's Sky... He says "You never stop thinking, do you Doctor?"  Julia should've said, "And you never start, do you, Mr. Rumson?"

Q to Roger after Sky shows up at the front door: "I've also heard a lot about him (Sky) from his wife..."  Who also used to be your wife, Roger!

Classic sword blooper... was that the lamp globe that crashed, which we see briefly before they pan left?   Nice redo of the 1897 scene where Q goes at Barnabas with the sword.   Vamp Megan at window!!   Did Megan and Sky ever meet before this?

Would Q have been buried alive forever, with the portrait's face turning ever bluer?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
It's another lifeless zombie!!!!   Oh wait, that's Sky
[stfl]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
LE's run in with the zombos couldn't have been more lackluster if he had yawned.

800 posts to your 8000? That's keen, you old soul-saver, you.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
Yes, that was surprising, wasn't it?

I still have trouble with the idea of Quentin and Roger being friends.  Every time I see them being friendly together, it just seems wrong to me.  It doesn't happen to me with any other pair of actors on Dark Shadows, I think.

When somebody (Roger, for example) says, "We'll have to be very clever," you know that no cleverness will be forthcoming.  Suddenly I was transported into Gilbert and Sullivan.  (No big surprise there.)  "With wily brain upon the spot a private plot we'll plan - the most ingenious private plot since private plots began!"

I think Julia's out of her depth in the matter of keeping Jeb from turning into the monster.  It just can't be simply a chemical thing.  And even if it is, she hasn't managed to figure out how to keep Chris from turning into a werewolf, so I don't think she'll have any better luck with Jeb - unless she figures a massive dose of sedatives will do the job.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 02:05:16 AM »
Very creepy scene with the zombies carrying Julia out of Collinwood and beating up poor Roger!  I like Julia's blue outfit as I think blue is very becoming on her! 

I also like the suit that they have saddled Quentin with as it's very evocative of the 1800’s! I agrew with Janet-QUENTIN...YUMMMY YUMMY for my TUMMY! :)

“I don't care what you do!” Julia  LOL  Grayson is very funny (to me) at least in this episode!
“Would you like to see what he looks like?” Sky
“Nooooo, No!” Julia with Grayson delivery that line so funnily!  The scream before the fade out always cracks me up to no end.  It's up there with some of G’s best DS screams!   

It seems like that the writers are trying to make Jeb into a sympathetic character like B—it isn’t working for me!
Very famous blooper when Selby destroys the lamp!  “Watch ‘em”  Quentin says with Selby's southern accent coming out! 

Two vampires are loose on the estate!  MW makes a fabulous vampire.

Now how is Quentin gonna fill in that small coffin…yet he does?  From that angle the coffin looks quite small!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »
I have a questions, why in DS do they use zombies as henchmen. Is that so that they don't
have to pay for a speaking part on the show. You notice that they don't get any credits.

This time Julia didn't escape them.

[spoiler]But she will in the future.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:23:38 AM »
Selby's voiceover spoke of horror and revenge and dead people, but he still sounded dreamy to me.  [love2]

Zombie slaps are FIERCE.  Julia, Roger and Quentin were knocked out by one smack to the face, and by a different minion each time!

Hmm, the camera was on an unconscious Roger when he opened his eyes and closed them again.  What cracks me up about the sword blooper is the sound of somebody cleaning up the glass afterward, even though nobody was supposed to be in the room with Quentin and Sky.

"Live" (first syllable same as in "liver")-- what a cruel password to assign to zombie guards.

During a showdown between the two men in #950, Jeb threatened to come up with a special idea for dealing with Quentin.  And in the previous ep, Jeb ordered his zombies to dig graves that night for his 5 enemies in preparation for their burials the next day.  So the coffin may have been there specifically for Quentin, or it may have been for any one of the others.

Did Megan and Sky ever meet before this?

Not that we saw, unless you count this... ;)
Look who can be seen passing by...
though she certainly knew about him because it was she who tipped off Barnabas to Sky's extracurricular activities.

Would Q have been buried alive forever, with the portrait's face turning ever bluer?

I'd like to know the answer to that too.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »
Zombie slaps are FIERCE.

Yeah, that worked for me.   The zombies really needed a fast way of dealing with people, that got across how scary and powerful they were, and didn't require them to be "nimble" or do any complicated moves, including bending.   There's something about the bluntness and harshness and power of the slap knock-outs that works.  It might even get across their mindlessness.    I can't see zombies punching people...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor